Launching Stefen Chow's Website -- Pls Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefen

Apr 26, 2003
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
Hi all,

After 2 years of procrastination and 2 months of painstaking thinking through of layout and pictures, I wish to present my website:

www.stefenchow.com

I guess I am happy that it is finally done, and this is an appropriate site to launch it since I started learning photography from this very site at its infancy stage.

I remembered that I was always reading the forums, the critiques and the Q&As through this site to get an idea how the industry worked. I am glad it has worked for me.

Pls enjoy and your valuable comments please.

Yours,

Stefen

Hey Stefen,

Great work you got there. Your Everest shots are amazing. Must have been a real challenge to still think and compose while attempting the feat.

Another someone to look up to.

:)

Hey your photos looks great!
The first thing i notice is that your shots looks very "3D", can really see depth one.
Just curious, how was it being done? PP? Lenses? I noob.... :embrass:

Congratulations on the launch of the site. Had a quick look, very interesting.

.... and this is an appropriate site to launch it since I started learning photography from this very site at its infancy stage.

I remembered that I was always reading the forums, the critiques and the Q&As through this site to get an idea how the industry worked. I am glad it has worked for me.

Hi Stefen,

We met at Nikon SG once. Congratulations and I am very happy that things are going on well with you. Also a very impressive website too.

We are also very happy to know that CS was part of the learning journey for you in building your profession. Similarly, Thank You for remembering CS and crediting CS too.

Hope to see your works here often in CS.

All the best to you, Cheers :cheers::cheers:

didnt noe ure stefen chow, u muz be yifong? i shot april's wedding with you. :)

www.stefenchow.com

The only thing I see is a blank page with message about a missing plugin. There's zero information on what this site is about and why it should be worth the hassle and risk to install a plugin.

The first and foremost requirement for good web design is platform-independent accessibility.
If you are offering commercial services, you'll piss off a significant part of your potential customer base before you even have a chance to tell them anything.

Beyond that, even the "empty" homepage I get to see generates a large number of error messages when run through a validating parser such as validator.w3.org.

Hey your photos looks great!
The first thing i notice is that your shots looks very "3D", can really see depth one.
Just curious, how was it being done? PP? Lenses? I noob.... :embrass:

Hi Fotophilic, thanks for the comments.

I do very little photoshopping other than adjustments for levels, colors and standard stuff which don't include complex layers.

As for my lenses, my gear is pretty standard compared to many of the clubsnappers here.

All stuff shot on Nikon if you are curious...:)

Hi Stefen,

We met at Nikon SG once. Congratulations and I am very happy that things are going on well with you. Also a very impressive website too.

We are also very happy to know that CS was part of the learning journey for you in building your profession. Similarly, Thank You for remembering CS and crediting CS too.

Hope to see your works here often in CS.

All the best to you, Cheers :cheers::cheers:

Hey Chng,

Definitely remember you, and great shots of the birds in this issue of Nikon.

Thanks for your comments, and I guess that I benefited from many who were selfless in sharing in my learning journey.

I guess I still have a lot of lessons to be discovered ahead of me, and my objective is just to continue doing what I love.

The only thing I see is a blank page with message about a missing plugin. There's zero information on what this site is about and why it should be worth the hassle and risk to install a plugin.

The first and foremost requirement for good web design is platform-independent accessibility.
If you are offering commercial services, you'll piss off a significant part of your potential customer base before you even have a chance to tell them anything.

Beyond that, even the "empty" homepage I get to see generates a large number of error messages when run through a validating parser such as validator.w3.org.

Hi Little Wolf,

Sorry about your bad experience. This site was just launched this week and so far I hadn't heard anything negative about the site's accessibility.

The designer was contemplating between flash and html and stuck with the former. I am very happy with it, but I will feedback to him about this.

Please access it again when you have the opportunity.

Thanks,

Stefen

WOAH you're the one that did the D3 review this hwm issue? :bigeyes:

anyway i love the everest series. i didn't know it could survive under such harsh conditions.

gd job for the website, i think its really very neat and usable, probably can add small captions for the photos might be cool! :D

Hi all,

Thanks for all your comments so far. It is really encouraging and I am grateful for your appreciation as well.

This is a shameless plug of a course that I will be teaching at the NUS extension later next month. Please tell your friends about it.

http://www.nus.edu.sg/nex/eli000007.htm

Hey ya, we even slept on the same floor right...:)

Have you checked out her pictures yet? Pretty nice...

yet to see~ uploaded anywhere..

mine really cmi, no face to show.:embrass:

anyway for the course ure conducting, non nus students oso can join rite?

Love it!

I really like the plain white design. Uncluttered, easy to navigate, to the point. Plain, yet classy. And yes, the excellent photos totally do no harm to the site as well. :)

yet to see~ uploaded anywhere..

mine really cmi, no face to show.:embrass:

anyway for the course ure conducting, non nus students oso can join rite?

Definitely. this is actually a public course for everyone. And note that the course is held at Park mall, Orchard Road instead of the main campus..

Status
Not open for further replies.