Launch of WASBE (Singapore Chapter) - the VIPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

on the 15th Feb 2002, the Singapore chapter of WASBE was launched at the MITA (Ministry of Information & the Arts) building. i was there on assignment as the official photographer. WASBE, which stands for "World Association for Symphonic Bands and Ensembles) was formed to bring together musicians with common interests and concerns in order to enhance the improvement of bands and wind ensembles throughout the world. The Association promotes symphonic bands and ensembles as serious and distinctive mediums of musical expression and recognises the importance of the band in national and international communication and cultural understanding. WASBE encourags the composititon of band literature of excellence and that reflects national heritages and transcends international boudaries. WASBE provides its members with many valuable resources and organises an international conference every two years.

anyway on with the pics! ;)

Arrival of VIP, Radm (Rear Admiral) Teo Chee Hean, Singapore Education Minister

Associate Professor Ho, NIE's band conductor welcomes Radm Teo on his arrival

CRW_4380L.jpg

CRW_4382L.jpg

they were talking about some Arts Festival issues....
CRW_4403L.jpg

on the far right is Ms Ho Ching. Can't remember her designation, but i know she's pretty high ranking in the Education Ministry
CRW_4404L.jpg

Hi

Captain Philip Tng, conducter for the SAF Central Band and also resident conductor of WestWinds Symphonic Band.

CRW_4406L.jpg

The whole ging gang :)
CRW_4407L.jpg

I played under the conducting of both Mr Ho and Mr Lee. Happy to see their familiar faces here.

So finally WASBE was succesfully launched in Singapore. My congratulations to the people who put in a lot of hard work to make this happen.

I first heard about the WASBE when the NUS Symphonic Band took part in it a few years back (8 years?). The location then was in Europe. Valencia (?), if I remember correctly. That was a long time back.

Red Dawn, seeing your posts here has brought back so much memories of my younger days.... do you play in the band yourself?

Thanks!

Originally posted by kamwai
wow..your shot look like those taken by reporters

but is it my monitor? seems like over exposed?

hmmm....i think it's your monitor, since u had similar comments on my previous pics. i will go recalibrate my monitor (since the last time i did it was 3 months ago.....)

but i admit - i blew out the highlights (not deliberately, of course) of the shirt of Radm Teo in photos number 3 and 4 i posted here. If u note carefully, there's very little detail in his shirt. I don't think it distracts from the overall shot, but definitely something to work and improve on.....

Originally posted by roygoh
I played under the conducting of both Mr Ho and Mr Lee. Happy to see their familiar faces here.

So finally WASBE was succesfully launched in Singapore. My congratulations to the people who put in a lot of hard work to make this happen.

I first heard about the WASBE when the NUS Symphonic Band took part in it a few years back (8 years?). The location then was in Europe. Valencia (?), if I remember correctly. That was a long time back.

Red Dawn, seeing your posts here has brought back so much memories of my younger days.... do you play in the band yourself?

Thanks!

nope......i don't play in the band, though i do catch performances quite often in school last time. ah those school days.....

My brother could've been there blowing his trombone away, but lucky for him, ORD was just a week or two ago :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.