Latest spam or reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Just received a call from 'mainland' saying somebody there wanna use the exact same name & profile for their business.

Just thinking... i got a .com registered, then he said that they can register without any www or .com just xxx and it will be entered into their site... i was like wtf? then they called just to inform me their client wanna do that, and it will bypass mine and since they are doing the same things like my company...

So is it true that they can do that? or is that just a load of bull... cos he also added he is seeking my opinion to allow this, or i could register for it.. but i never heard of registration for . (blank)... hmm... does it have a nameserver for .(blank)?

last check i can use any browser and type in my company name without .com & still enter my site...

Just received a call from 'mainland' saying somebody there wanna use the exact same name & profile for their business.

Just thinking... i got a .com registered, then he said that they can register without any www or .com just xxx and it will be entered into their site... i was like wtf? then they called just to inform me their client wanna do that, and it will bypass mine and since they are doing the same things like my company...

So is it true that they can do that? or is that just a load of bull... cos he also added he is seeking my opinion to allow this, or i could register for it.. but i never heard of registration for . (blank)... hmm... does it have a nameserver for .(blank)?

last check i can use any browser and type in my company name without .com & still enter my site...

Send them lawyer letter liao MTL:devil: On the way get me 2 x D2X when you have settlement.

don't listen to them, thats a load of bull. unless you registered your DNS name in a shady registrar, it would never happen.

whats gonna happen is that person is going to use NS poisoning to fool people going to your DNS name to redirect to them.

there is no such thing as a DNS name with no suffix... whoever claims that is either a fool or trying to make you one.

what you can do is raise a concern with this (if you can get hold of the other party's country, name service, registrar..etc) you can lodge a formal complain and see if the china DNS registrar gets blacklisted.

when you type in any website without the suffix .com or whatever, your web browser will try to enter in .com for you. The same goes for entering web addresses with www. prefix, the www. will be assumed.

However, you cannot enter without BOTH the suffix and prefix. The browser will throw you out. :bsmilie:

when you type in any website without the suffix .com or whatever, your web browser will try to enter in .com for you. The same goes for entering web addresses with www. prefix, the www. will be assumed.

However, you cannot enter without BOTH the suffix and prefix. The browser will throw you out. :bsmilie:

can lah, search engine take over... :sweatsm:

hahah oh yah.. i just tried.. it actually works. hahaha

hahah oh yah.. i just tried.. it actually works. hahaha

unless he wanna overtake my search engine then let him do it lor... but its damn funny he say if they register then ppl will go into their site instead of my .com... then need to pay 5k (should be USD) for 10 years... dope man... think register lifetime .com also no need 5k...

reminds me of this webpage http://www.nissan.com/

If they can by pass your site into theirs then nissan no need to spend so much time and money to fight lawsuit against a small fry liao.

reminds me of this webpage http://www.nissan.com/

If they can by pass your site into theirs then nissan no need to spend so much time and money to fight lawsuit against a small fry liao.

hmm... his name solid man... Uzi Nissan... a gun & a car... maybe he might turn into a Tank next time... :bsmilie:

funny nissan...

do bear in mind that this is a browser feature and not a DNS standard.....

so irregardless of what is going to happen.... as long as you registered the DNS name via a reliable source... its ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.