Latest Recommendation for CSC ?

radax

Sep 5, 2017
Sin
Hi,
I've a budget of SGD1k..
I can't decide which CSC to buy, what do you guys recommend for best value for money ?
Sony A6000 ? or even A5100 or something else.
I'll be using it for normal day-to-day shooting..some scenery, selfies ..etc.
Novice-level stuff..

All of them have something that offers good value these days. It boils down to the details. Which camera are you most likely to carry with you (for someone, this might be weight, for someone else, this might be design), which camera feels best in your hands, which brand has the menu that frustrates you the least, etc.

If selfies are important, look for those with LCDs that flip around.

Canon m100 is way past my budget. I own a oly pen1, it's slightly over weight for me . Just need value for money. And within 1k sgd budget.. was thinking if sony A6000 is good enough ? Or are there any other comparables ?

Canon m100 is way past my budget. I own a oly pen1, it's slightly over weight for me . Just need value for money. And within 1k sgd budget.. was thinking if sony A6000 is good enough ? Or are there any other comparables ?

Wow if you think Oly EP1 is heavy then Sony a6000 is heavier and bigger!:confused:

Value for money? Then stick with your smartphone.Ts think seriously what you really want.Although the EP1 is dated it still can do serious photography given it's limitations eg.no viewfinder but it has a add on evf (electronic viewfinder ) as accessory.

You have to be realistic about life and reality. Here is what is important:

1. Image sensor size, EP1 is M4/3 and is much smaller than a6000 apsc.
What does this means photographically? It you want prints then a bigger sensor can print bigger but how big is big for you? To be honest an m43 can
print a photo big enough relatively.It depend on your expectations.

2. If you just want to upload to web then this is of no relevance and both are overkill in this respect of megapixels.

3. Just the choice of sensor can be confusing for you now but you have to grapple with it.Ask yourself what do you want to do photography wise. Obviously you know that a smartphone can only do so much.

4. Ergonomics: In short how the camera fits in your hand and the control buttons,viewfinder,Lcd GUI (graphical user interface), how it looks and functions.It's a personal choice and taste but more important is the fast direct access to controls with buttons vs selection from menu.It depends on camera and how much they cost to have these bells and whistles and whether
you can live without them.Say if you are doing sports action then those with menu controls are probably at a disadvantage user wise.

5. Choice of lenses available and cost.Each system has pros and cons.But in general the lenses they have in the system covers most photographic scenarios of general use like landscapes, portrait,street,macro, etc.

so you ask about a6000,well it is apsc sensor 24Mp. all you will ever need and has a evf. It's HEAVY for sure so what do you really want. :) Read the reviews.Do more research before plunging in with informed knowledge.I think basically life demands the same from you.

Last edited:

For your usage, a6000 will likely be way more than enough. Since you're already familiar with Oly, I would also consider the E-PL7, at under S$600, even more value for money. Add $200+ and there's the E-PL8...

http://www.lazada.sg/olympus-pen-e-pl7-with-14-42mm-f35-56-ii-r-lens-silver-532559.html

http://www.lazada.sg/olympus-pen-e-...-with14-42mm-lens-black-warranty-9773717.html

Last edited:
Thanks kandinsky for your positive recommendation. I'll drop by the shops to have a look later.

Thanks kandinsky for your positive recommendation. I'll drop by the shops to have a look later.

Welcome. Two more contenders: Someone was sharing in another thread that E-M10ii and GX85 kits can be found for $699 at best denki