macrob

Aug 4, 2006
from: http://www.photozone.de/active/forum/ShowAll?ID=1074671A

10.2Mp APS-C sized sensor
Hardware noise-killing processing
Dust removal function
3 fps JPEG streaming
RAW + JPEG possible
22 bit image processing and built-in RAW-JPEG converter (SilkyPix algorithms?)
SDHC compatible card slot
Li Ion battery pack, AA batteries also possible
Li Ion battery/hand grip, AA batteries possible
Dust and weather sealed body and battery/hand grip
Full metal body
KAF3 lens mount with USM motors support
New DA 16-50 f/2.8 AL ED and 50-135 f/2.8 ED with USM motors.
Interchangeable focusing screens
Pentaprism viewfinder
11 point AF with 9 cross sensor points (same layout as the current bodies).
+ many other neat things.

Oh, and a link to Pentax dust removal patent:
http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=JP2005354330&F=0

The camera is currently on a secret tour around the world, it has been presented for various VIP's (distributors, salesmens, journalists, professional photographers etc.). The factory is in pre production state now, scheduled to go into full production mid September, shipment starts late September/early October.

Expected price with DA 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 AL "kit lens" - approx 1 000 USD.

sounds very good!:thumbsup:

Well, obviously all these 'detailed info' came from the same source: Roland Mabo (of Sweden) from DPR Pentax forum. He's been quite sourceful and acturate before, hopefully he'd be right again this time.

BTW, welcome to the Pentax forum at CS. Hope you'd get your first Pentax dSLR camera soon ;)

Cheers,

Acturaly I already got a second hand *ist DL with kit lens days ago. Very nice cam, and even nicer price.

Happy to see your lens sold at good prices. As a beginner, those lens are too "high" for me. Maybe after couple of months I will get some prime lens and long focus zoom lens.
Now, I am considering some 50/1.4 or 50/1.7.

BTW, also saw you in "xitek". Nice person Nice pics.

Cheesrs.

Sure buy. Must buy. Die die, also get one!

macrob said:
Acturaly I already got a second hand *ist DL with kit lens days ago. Very nice cam, and even nicer price.

Happy to see your lens sold at good prices. As a beginner, those lens are too "high" for me. Maybe after couple of months I will get some prime lens and long focus zoom lens.
Now, I am considering some 50/1.4 or 50/1.7.

BTW, also saw you in "xitek". Nice person Nice pics.

Cheesrs.

That's great! I'm sure you'd love that camera. It's a great bargain for its price and performance.

So you visit 'xitek' too? A nice forum for us Pentax lover I think ;)

Hope to see some of your photos soon.

Cheers,

sigh...not even 1 week after I bought the K100D now I hear there is a K10d that's even better..alamak! :confused:

anyway, so far quite happy with the K100D except its heavier than the istDL and weigh more like a Nikon D70 instead..heh heh.
I noticed instead of using wave technology like what the others are doing, they are using some sort of blower system...wonder if there will be reliability problems with this design..

wow!.. the spec looks really good.. hope that the K10D will really be of these spec when launch on 14th sept. Can't wait to see that.. .

K10D is a big waiting piece of artwork from PEntax that most pentax users are eager to find out and get their hand on.

I am already itching to upgrade.. ;p

cheerss...

If this is true, I may just switch over to Pentax. I had the DS for a while but sold it because: (i) wanted faster focusing in low light (ii) needed some kind of stabilization (iii) better jpeg please (iv) hated the heavy and self-discharge NiMH batteries (v) fast focusing motors in lenses.

I will get the Pentax K10D with 16-50 f/2.8, 50-135 f/2.8 and 10-17 fishseye. That will cover everthing I want. :bsmilie:

yum yum! The specs are so delicious makes me almost regret buying the K100D and should have jumped straight to the K10D! :bsmilie:

Zenten said:
Thanks Bro ......... you joining Pentax also? ;)
Probably can't..... invested heavily Alpha mount lenses already :confused:, probably too costly for me to change to other mount :( .

You still looking for the right SLR system or you actually enjoy testing systems like some do (know quite a few who like to do that)?

zcf said:
Probably can't..... invested heavily Alpha mount lenses already :confused:, probably too costly for me to change to other mount :( .

You still looking for the right SLR system or you actually enjoy testing systems like some do (know quite a few who like to do that)?

;) ........... becos I like to be forever called a Newbie.

Lucky I don't put all my eggs in one basket like you Pros (a.k.a hardcore addicts) do...................... :bsmilie:

Zenten said:
;) ........... becos I like to be forever called a Newbie.

Lucky I don't put all my eggs in one basket like you Pros (a.k.a hardcore addicts) do...................... :bsmilie:
Pro??? I am no way near it yet :embrass:
I am just a newbie amateur (even newer newbie than you) and lens measurebator :cry: .

zcf said:
Pro??? I am no way near it yet :embrass:
I am just a newbie amateur (even newer newbie than you) and lens measurebator :cry: .

Newer newbie than me? ............ I didn't know I look that old ...... ahem Pro........... :cool:

Newbie?! Oldbie? Just buy buy buy lah! Since decades, Pentax comes up a deccent camera! So buy now, OK?! Advise coming from a extra oldbie or oldie who owns LX.

Status
Not open for further replies.