Latest K-5II/K-5IIs Firmware Update: V1.03

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source:
Latest K-5II/K-5IIs Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

Changes to V1.03

• Improved the accuracy of exposure when using AA batteries.
  • Improved stability for general performance.
    *Contents of [Version 1.02] will be also updated.

Caution:
Only K-5II/K-5IIs users are permitted to download the firmware update.

Eh! How K5IIs use AA batteries. :D :D

if brick you pay for the repair?:bsmilie:

Liddat might as well i try myself? :bsmilie:

My guess is that it probably wont install as typically it would check the cam and firmware version before user press the ok button :dunno:

Liddat might as well i try myself? :bsmilie:

My guess is that it probably wont install as typically it would check the cam and firmware version before user press the ok button :dunno:

There's a way to by pass that check sum n firmware version... who wanna try? :)

any brave soul testing to see if its compatible with K5? ;p

Having experience of around 10 years in embedded system development I can say that it would be really stupid to try that.

i do the kiasu stuff, whatever is available, i go and update. but did not know what is actually had been improved.
"Improved stability for general performance" - too broad for me to understand.

Anyone observe any difference ?

Hmmm if the hardware is identical... why not?
For most electronic products usually its not possible even if the mcu is/are same there is almost nil possibility that all the hardware resources can remain same. Onlyone I/o assignment is different and thats it. U need a new different f/w or may need to configure the I/o accordingly

Having experience of around 10 years in embedded system development I can say that it would be really stupid to try that.

Hehe, at work I do it all the time, if the MCUs are the same ;). The worst is to burn in the correct firmware again.

Of course if you messed up the boot loader, you'd have big problem :D

Hehe, at work I do it all the time, if the MCUs are the same ;). The worst is to burn in the correct firmware again.

Of course if you messed up the boot loader, you'd have big problem :D

Hehehhe at work we not only burn the f/w but boards also so that people know we r working hard hehhehe