latest and best rapid battery charger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
hi,

my trusty GP rapid battery charger just died on me... hai....
although the IT show might present a good opportunity to buy at a better price, but need the charger now... so will be out to buy one...

anyone can recommend a good rapid charger? what brand what price and where to get?

any idea if IT show they got discount ?

thanks

btw, what is the difference between the 1-hour and 90 min and the long hours charger?

the quick charger do a lousier job or they are just quicker?

thanks

any idea if IT show they got discount ?

thanks
Every computer show without fail, Eastgear will have at least one booth and they definitely will have promotion on PowerEx battery and Maha battery chargers.

Disclaimer: no association with Eastgear/Maha/Powerex at all.

btw, what is the difference between the 1-hour and 90 min and the long hours charger?

the quick charger do a lousier job or they are just quicker?

thanks
The faster the battery charger charges a battery, the hotter the battery gets. This will shorten the life span of the battery. It also will not do as good a job as the battery most likely will not get charge up fully.

thanks for clear explanation.... :)

but they have a cool rapid charger from their website... wonder that will lower the life span or not..

I think you are referring to Maha Powerex MH-C401FS 100 Minute Cool Charger.

This charger will still take 100 minutes to fully charge a set of 4 batteries. When people say fast chargers, I think most of them are talking about 15-30 min. chargers. So compare to those, this one should already consider quite slow already...

This is most likely the fastest you can charge a set of batteries without raising the temp. too high. Notice they are using only up to 1000mA current.

Personally.... I'd advise you ppl to go for the slow charge. And it's not really slow either, mebbe about 2 hours only.

a bit ex leh... $129... ha ha :)

mostly charge 4 batteries at one go oni....

thanks a lot for info... :)

a bit ex leh... $129... ha ha :)

mostly charge 4 batteries at one go oni....

thanks a lot for info... :)

I dun charge more than 4 either. But it's a good tool to have.

I bought this when I have a CF-401 already. :bsmilie:

If you thinking of invest in good rechargeable batteries, do you know it is more important to invest on good battery charger?

you will throw away old set of rechargeable batteries after one or two years if you are a heavy user, but the charger can still last for many years. so that's why I have three Maha chargers,

thanks...
i think i will get the Maha Powerex MH-C401FS 100 Minute Cool Charger .....

but catchlights: why do you need so many chargers?
thought one is enough? buying later when you need might save you $ as the costs might come down ?? :)

I have a MH-C401FS many years ago, than I need a good charger able to charge 8 batteries at one go, so I bought a MH-C801D.
and later I came across MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer, so I get one.

So when I have event shoot, I need to charge as many batteries as I can, 10 batteries for two SB800, 6 batteries for SD8A, and I need another 16 batteries for back up.

I personally love my Varta 15minute charger. I've got 3 sets of 4 AA's, and 4 sets of 4 AAA's. Super convenient can! Imagine, 15min to charge 4 batteries. In the time taken for a 1-hour "fast charge" on 4 AA's, I can charge 16 AA's already.

If you can still find it now, it's going for significantly cheaper than when I got it 4 or 5 years ago... almost half price. Haha!

but given that it is only a 15min charging time, do you batteries last as long?
do you find that the batteries are very hot? last question: are the lifespan of the batteries very much lower?

nevermind, have pulled the trigger and ordered the la crosse charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.