Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkp77

This photo was taken sometimes back.
ISO is 1600 shot handheld.

DSC9365e1L.jpg

No, thats not my bike, I still took a cab home that night, with the midnite charge imposed.

Please feel free to comments... am still learning. Thanks.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

The high iso in this case gave the photo a grainy, old photo kind of feel, which is quite appropriate :thumbsup:

However, the lighting appears to be a bit unbalanced, left wall seems a bit washed out?

wiz23 said:
The high iso in this case gave the photo a grainy, old photo kind of feel, which is quite appropriate :thumbsup:

However, the lighting appears to be a bit unbalanced, left wall seems a bit washed out?

Yap, there is a light bulb near to the left wall, while the right side is totally dark.
Its a hard decision to make, either to break the bulb or overexpose part of the photo.
I choose the later, because the bulb owner was sitting outside watching.... kekeke.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

tkp77 said:
Yap, there is a light bulb near to the left wall, while the right side is totally dark.
Its a hard decision to make, either to break the bulb or overexpose part of the photo.
I choose the later, because the bulb owner was sitting outside watching.... kekeke.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.
I guess u had no choice then :bsmilie:

hmm... just a picture of a bicycle. Nothing in the picture suggest to me what you wish to imply on midnight transport. Try harder on composition, framing the overall scene with the bicycle in it would give clues for the viewer to interpret.

foxtwo said:
hmm... just a picture of a bicycle. Nothing in the picture suggest to me what you wish to imply on midnight transport. Try harder on composition, framing the overall scene with the bicycle in it would give clues for the viewer to interpret.

AGREE with this statement. Feels like a quick composition. Angles could have been better, and the cropping.... leaves much to be desired.:sweat:

Thanks for the above comments,
But if more specific advice on angle and composition will help.

BTW, yap, thats a bicycle only.... yap, nothing much... the title is to give you room to imagine... thats the fun of copywriting and photos.... give the viewer something to think about.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

tkp77 said:
Thanks for the above comments,
But if more specific advice on angle and composition will help.

BTW, yap, thats a bicycle only.... yap, nothing much... the title is to give you room to imagine... thats the fun of copywriting and photos.... give the viewer something to think about.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

Like i said, if you want to impart the idea of 'midnite transport', you do better by framing an overall scene. First and foremost give indication/clues that it is midnight, secondly that you require transport. Otherwise you are not giving any room for imagination with this photograph, you could scribe pages but with a photograph of just a bicycle, it's very plainly "this is a bicycle" which doesn't add anything that your write-up hasn't covered.

foxtwo said:
Like i said, if you want to impart the idea of 'midnite transport', you do better by framing an overall scene. First and foremost give indication/clues that it is midnight, secondly that you require transport. Otherwise you are not giving any room for imagination with this photograph, you could scribe pages but with a photograph of just a bicycle, it's very plainly "this is a bicycle" which doesn't add anything that your write-up hasn't covered.

wow... thanks for the advice....

Cheers,
Francis

Status
Not open for further replies.