late night photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohwayne

Oct 9, 2008
-
just wants to check whether any one into shooting late into the night, like after 10pm? ;p

if yes.. any suggestion of the places i can go to...

sometimes really bored at home... haha

appreciated

just wants to check whether any one into shooting late into the night, like after 10pm? ;p

appreciated

Street and landscape photography at night can give really great photographs, but it can also be a little dangerous. Best to go with someone else and watch your gear.

Clarke Quay area / Town area / Marina area (cranes and all those stuff for the IR) for landscapes / cityscapes / seascapes. Stuff that are hopelessly over-shot are the Esplanade, Fullerton Hotel, Victoria Concert Hall, Supreme court etc etc.

Places that have minimum availability of lights would be great for Late Night photography.

Try not to go alone esp when you are not familiar with the place. It can be dangerous.
Some places of interest are Punggol, LCK, Tanah Merah, East Coast, Pulau Ubin.,etc

Town is not favourable (but still possible) for Late Night photography due to the street lights.

If you wish, take a look at "Wee hours" at my gallery.
Cheers

Last edited:

appreciated

I shoot in quite a few places at night, you just need to keep your eyes peeled for interesting scenes.

appreciated

How about (devapali) lightdrops along Serangoon road? :)

I like Night Photography, but I will only shoot from sunset onwards till latest 9pm. Later than that, it is NOT advisable - even more so now, under these gloomy economic times - robbery is a very real risk!

Don't be complacent, better to err on the side of caution.

you might try construction sites that has stopped working, their spotlights casted on the structure and excavators in black and white may look nice:)

walking around your neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning is a good idea for starters.

I like Night Photography, but I will only shoot from sunset onwards till latest 9pm. Later than that, it is NOT advisable - even more so now, under these gloomy economic times - robbery is a very real risk!

Don't be complacent, better to err on the side of caution.

Better be safe than sorry, get a partner or two. Enjoy your late night photography with peace.

Better be safe than sorry, get a partner or two. Enjoy your late night photography with peace.

i always walk around alone at night lugging my tripod around with my ipod at full blast in my ear.. hmmm.

all points noted... ;p

i always walk around alone at night lugging my tripod around with my ipod at full blast in my ear.. hmmm.

You might as well hang a sign on your back that says "Rob me, I can't even hear you coming!"

Hey brothers and sisters and young ones;
DON'T stretch your luck. Shoot late at night, do it in groups of more than 3.
If you get surrounded by a gang of punks out looking for grubs, you're dead meat even if there are 2 or 3 of you.

You people read the news daily often enough?

Being or ending up SORRY, is bad enough - the worst is continuing to be STUPID.

Last edited:
Shoot late at night, do it in groups of more than 3.
If you get surrounded by a gang of punks out looking for grubs, you're dead meat even if there are 2 or 3 of you.

so is there a difference shooting alone or shooting in groups of 2-3? in any way you still have the potential to be mobbed.

just a matter of how fast and how easily to me.

walking around your neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning is a good idea for starters.

yup! you can try your nearby parks. the street lamps by the jogging path give a kinda cool effect.

so is there a difference shooting alone or shooting in groups of 2-3? in any way you still have the potential to be mobbed.

just a matter of how fast and how easily to me.

It's all about probability. The larger your group, the less likely you are to be mugged. Stick to more public locations, you're likely to be safer. Nothing can guarantee absolute safety, no matter what. Do what you think is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.