Late Night Banking (CBD By Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildstallion

C&C please, a photo i dug up from jan of the CBD, i kinda liked it but feel it may be missing something, hope you guys could help me out.

Thanks in Advance

60325202.jpg

it's too flat. the city looks like a paper cut-out. you've shot it a little too late for light & shadow to take play. The composition is messy especially at the foreground. i don't find the lights flattering neither. very much a snapshot to me.

the photo is well taken from a nice angle.

But wouldn't it be nice if the pic is able to to exhibit the night banking activities that are taking place? I personally feel that the bank logos are blur and some buildings' structure are hidden in the dark. I would love to see some pics that can show the HSBC and Maybank logo clearly... :D

Just my personal comments, no hard feelings :think:

I agree, the image does look to flat, shall look at some of the earlier shots from that day and see if the shadows make the buildings stand out more.

Also the signs are clearly visable in the uncompressed file at 100% and as i usuallly print at 12R for city shots it shouldnt be a problem.

Also, is the background noise too much of a distraction, tried running through neat image but it changes the pinky colour too much.

Keep the C&C coming, thanks to all who have posted so far.

Did you zoom in? Long focal length makes the buildings appear stacked together as front-to-back distances between them are compressed visually and the picture turns out more 2-D than 3-D.

What aperture and shutter speed did you use? Small aperture (F/8 and below) with slow shutter speed is better for exposing the dimmer areas in a night scene which has high tonal range.

The best time for night CBD shots are on weekdays at around 7.30-8.00 when the buildings are with lots of lighted glass windows and there is still a little natural light illuminating the sky while the ground level has already turned very dark.

Clockunder said:
Did you zoom in? Long focal length makes the buildings appear stacked together as front-to-back distances between them are compressed visually and the picture turns out more 2-D than 3-D.

What aperture and shutter speed did you use? Small aperture (F/8 and below) with slow shutter speed is better for exposing the dimmer areas in a night scene which has high tonal range.

The best time for night CBD shots are on weekdays at around 7.30-8.00 when the buildings are with lots of lighted glass windows and there is still a little natural light illuminating the sky while the ground level has already turned very dark.

time was 7:38, used a large aperture of f25 and a 30sec exposure, zoomed at 70mm as was really quite far away from cbd

Status
Not open for further replies.