Last Sunrise of 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

seeing that the year 2002 is about to draw to a close, here's a few images from my morning shoot - the last sunrise of THIS year!

Has it been a good year for you?

IMG547.jpg

IMG548.jpg

Originally posted by Wolfgang
I thought the sunset for yesterday was really gorgeous.... :)

:cry: i missed it...... i looked at the sky from home and thought they wouldn't be any nice sunset, so i didn't get out of house. To be honest though, the sun was hidden by clouds all the time right?

and arrghhh.....after the merlion fireworks i overslept and missed the first sunrise of 2003 :(

Originally posted by kristlbel
nice pictures.

may i ask how do you include the image of the sun for sunrises/sunsets? and at what settings?

Hi

it's pretty simple actually. first of all, make sure there actually is a visible sun in the sky ;)

secondly, don't use negative film. Use slides so that the lab will not attempt to correct your exposure.

thirdly, try not to look at it too much - my eyes hurt when i look at it too long and it's quite dangerous to the eyes. just glance at it occasionally and DO NOT stare at it.

just meter off an area of the sky near the sun that is not too bright and not too dark, a middle tone area of the sky near the sun, and then just use that reading for the entire scene.

if u dun have a spot meter, just meter the sky - the trick to getting the round ball of fire is to underexpose the scene. dun meter off the shadow areas - in this case, the water.

i was at f8, 1/640, ISO 100 for the first shot i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.