Last light - Collared Kingfisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

skfoo

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Just before the sun set on Saturday, I managed to get a glimpse of this one of the most common kingfisher in Singapore. Managed to snap a few shots before it flew off.

CKF_DSC1263a.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks my friend! ;)

It's the same one that we saw that day! :)

Thanks Garion.

Have not seen you for a while. Been shooting lately? Time to head for the mashes/sea shores/SBWR/Khatib Bongsu, the shorebirds are back! ;)

ccplim,

Glad you like it. ;)

Cheers!

geoyip/Madcat II/Kho King/Newguy69,

Thanks for the comments! :D

Hi skfoo,

Wow, nice shot. Is this a 100% crop or is it the whole image ? I quite like the composition, and having the branch around gives some situational context, although I guess it would have been nicer to see a closeup of more detail of the kingfisher - I guess this was shot from pretty far away ?

Been very impressed with yours and others photos in this forum - hope to emulate you guys someday!

Sk, a really interesting piece of work you have here, the warmth adds a surreal feel to the composition. It is really a pity that the prominent branch is sticking out in front of the subject, kind of distracting to the overall composure. :)

gooseberry/Avatar,

Thanks for the comments.

Is this a 100% crop or is it the whole image ?

The image is slightly cropped for composition reasons.

it would have been nicer to see a closeup of more detail of the kingfisher - I guess this was shot from pretty far away ?

I did not see the distance scale. But each time as I approached the kingfisher, I will take a few shots along the way. It flew off before I am able to get a real close-up shot.

Been very impressed with yours and others photos in this forum - hope to emulate you guys someday!

Thanks for the compliments. Me and my buddies are still learning. It's all hardwork driven by love and passion for nature/nature subjects. In general, the more time we spent in the field perfecting the craft, the higher chance we will be rewarded with nice images. :)

It is really a pity that the prominent branch is sticking out in front of the subject, kind of distracting to the overall composure.

I tried asking the kingfisher to move to the next branch but he has a mind of his own. Just kidding! ;)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.