last kampong in sg

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestnow

May 29, 2002
any one knows where issit? saw it on tv, but dunno where issit.

drafting88 said:
Pulau Ubin?
Lorong Buangkok (near Woodbridge Hospital)?

no no.. it's around amk, yiochukang area one... keke.. =) but dunno the exact way or address

It is Kampong Buangkok

How to get there?

i took bus 88(towards SengKang) from AMK ave 3 and alight at the busstop after the YioChuKang/AMK Ave 5 junction...then walk down Yio Chu Kang Road, into Gerald Drive and you will see Kampong Buangkok.

I think there are about 10 houses still left standing there..very kampong smell..if you know what i mean.

Hope this helps

I took this pic there:
letterbox.jpg

its near Yiochukang, also near the old Woodbridge Hospital
Maybe should organise a shoot there.

sorry to dig up such an old thread , but can anyone enlighten me how to get to this village?

Hee... it's just NEXT to the area where I am living..within walking distance. Yes.."walking" distance...must do a fair bit of walking ;p

Who is interested in KAMPUNG shoot ? :think: Maybe, I should organise one such shoot for MICHELLE. Interested ? .... :)

or u just wanna go there 'look look see see' ????

i m interested to go. but maybe look look see see :) where and how to go. and michelle is a clubsnap model?

pai seh .... din ve time to update till now

I will give u the 2 possible ways to go :

Assuming u r taking the North-South MRT line :

1. Take MRT to YIO CHU KANG MRT Station.
2. Get out of the station, walk right and take bus service 70. U cant miss this as there are quite a number of bus services offered.
3. When the bus travels along YIO CHU KANG Road, press the bell and prepare to alight when u spot a SHELL petrol station.
4. From the bus-stop, walk back towards the petrol station...before the petrol station, u will see a flight of stairs.
5. Walk down the flight of stairs, walk left ..cross the road
6. Wala .....thats the entrance to the kampung ...which is on your right

Assuming u r taking North-East MRT Line :

1. Take MRT to SERANGOON MRT Station
2. As there are alot of exits, find the exit that is towards the bus interchange
3. When u see first bus stop, take bus 70 ( to ensure u r taking the correct direction, tell bus uncle that u want to take towards Yio Chu Kang MRT )
4. When the bus travels along YIO CHU KANG Road, press the bell when u spot a MOBIL petrol station..next to it is 'ST VINCENT DE PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH'
5. From the bus stop, cross the road and walk towards SHELL petrol statn
6. Repeat Steps 4 to 6 above.

I hope these helps :) Happy Shooting !!! I will try to organise a model shoot there ..... ;p

Great!!! THanks

Wow! Still got Kampong in Singapore, cannot believe it...

yes yes.. kampong shoots... i also feel that old orange bus stop is good for shooting if not next time no more to shoot liao... and also those old shop houses with criss cross gates...

words of caution for fellow members going there, there's stray dogs ard there, so do be careful.
I didnt have a face to face encounter, but while shooting there sometime ago, i did heard dogs barking fiercely during daytime. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.