i took bus 88(towards SengKang) from AMK ave 3 and alight at the busstop after the YioChuKang/AMK Ave 5 junction...then walk down Yio Chu Kang Road, into Gerald Drive and you will see Kampong Buangkok.
I think there are about 10 houses still left standing there..very kampong smell..if you know what i mean.
1. Take MRT to YIO CHU KANG MRT Station.
2. Get out of the station, walk right and take bus service 70. U cant miss this as there are quite a number of bus services offered.
3. When the bus travels along YIO CHU KANG Road, press the bell and prepare to alight when u spot a SHELL petrol station.
4. From the bus-stop, walk back towards the petrol station...before the petrol station, u will see a flight of stairs.
5. Walk down the flight of stairs, walk left ..cross the road
6. Wala .....thats the entrance to the kampung ...which is on your right
Assuming u r taking North-East MRT Line :
1. Take MRT to SERANGOON MRT Station
2. As there are alot of exits, find the exit that is towards the bus interchange
3. When u see first bus stop, take bus 70 ( to ensure u r taking the correct direction, tell bus uncle that u want to take towards Yio Chu Kang MRT )
4. When the bus travels along YIO CHU KANG Road, press the bell when u spot a MOBIL petrol station..next to it is 'ST VINCENT DE PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH'
5. From the bus stop, cross the road and walk towards SHELL petrol statn
6. Repeat Steps 4 to 6 above.
I hope these helps Happy Shooting !!! I will try to organise a model shoot there ..... ;p
words of caution for fellow members going there, there's stray dogs ard there, so do be careful.
I didnt have a face to face encounter, but while shooting there sometime ago, i did heard dogs barking fiercely during daytime. :sweat: