• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

Last few questions on deciding to buy S1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonth

Feb 29, 2004
hi guys

I have more or less (80%) decided on buying S1-IS as my second digital camera purchase (my current one is a nikon coolpix 800). But there are still some questions which i could like to hear comments about the camera and re-affirm my decision.

1. Is the lens used in S1 made of plastic? If yes, how is it compared to those made of glass e.g. olyumpus 750 (another high-zoom). Does it affect picture quality? How impt is it to be made of glass?

2. S1-IS has a playback histogram while I am actually preferred a realtime/record histogram. Should i be obessed with this feature?

3. S1 does not support horse-shoe external flash but i read somewhere in this forum that an external flash can still be attached e.g. vitiar 200. If it can be done, how does it work?

4.For the movie-recording, is there a limit to the duration of the movie which can be captured? Is it some setting in the camera or it all depends on the capacity of the storage card i have?

really appreciate to hear from S1 users or anyone who could enlighten me on the above questions and then I could be more assured when purchasing my S1 in the very near future.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom