Last Few hours of 2005 & 1st hr of 2006 in the City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricleo

Mar 13, 2004
Eastern Singapore
#1 - Security Personnel keeping the peace while me and my friend wait for the lights and fireworks show
IMG_0833.JPG

#2 - Time slowly ticked by as throngs and throngs of people walk to and fro along the bridge
IMG_0832.JPG

#3 & 4 - Finally, after a few hours of waiting, the light show starts getting interesting as spotlights lit the sky to music from the speakers around the esplanade area
IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

#5 - At the stroke of 12 midnight, the fireworks shoot out into the sky, Happy 2006 Singapore!!!
IMG_0936.JPG

#6 - The sky is filled up with beautiful & colourful flowers
IMG_0937c.jpg

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0949%20copy.jpg

IMG_0951.JPG

#12 - My favourite burst of fireworks for the night
IMG_0987%20copy.jpg

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1006sc.jpg

#21 - After all the fireworks....time to go home... the crowd was really really bad...feels like the riots in France...
IMG_1059.JPG

#22 - Looks like the traffic police were going to have a long night....
IMG_1064.JPG

One of the most complete series I saw.....:thumbsup:

In summary, the fireworks show for the countown was simply amazing! The best I've seen for this year, surpassing the fireworks displays during the fireworks festival & NDP in terms of scale and granduer.

Don't think the pictures we take can fully portray the feelings and emotions felt during the fireworks display. We may all complain about how all the smoke generated by the fireworks mess up the shots and cause over-exposed shots, but to me, what is more important is the experience of being there, at that very moment, live, enjoying the short lived beauty of the fireworks. Whatever pictures we take just adds on to the experience as a nice momento to remember the night by.....

Hope you all enjoy the pics, and as usual, comments will be appreciated :)

very nice series of fireworks! esp like #10, 11, 12.

And thanks for all these lovely compositions....most appreciated by folks like me who arent there for various reasons. Sob sob. ;)

Thanks Stanly, rtbh and Huawei :) Glad you guys like them.

well done. best series i've seen for countdown, wasn't in mood to shoot nor camp out...went to harbourfront last min to catch the fireworks, din really know what to expect..came out tiny bursts.. etc...knew goner....esplanade wld really be much better..sigh...

very nice shots you have! wanted to try shooting them but left my tripod at the office and couldn't have access to it. sigh...

But the fireworks looked kinda simliar to past displays at esplanade. hope the new year ones will be something new.

Note,

Some of ur photos can be used for postcard edition, well done nice works :thumbsup:

As usual, superb fireworks series from u and u had chosen a great location to shoot too.

Thanks Dionysus, illustrious, 300N and John for your kind comments :)

Nice :thumbsup:

#7 #8 are nice !! :thumbsup:

I think you have done a good job. Some people complain the fireworks burst in between is too fast but I think you have well in exposure. So no excuses for the rest for not getting a good shot.......haha:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.