Last day of Clifford Pier

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

Clifford Pier would be closing down after 73 years in operation.

The historic date would be 31 March 2006.
Meeting Raffles Place MRT station, 5 pm.

WEF 1 April, all services at Clifford would be relocated to the new Marina South Pier.

went there last night.
thnking of going there tonight, but got Ot untill now.
will go tomorrow night if no OT.
hopefully no OT on friday, than i can go shoot.

btw, anyone posting the photo taken on the sunday shoot? i shot with film, so got to wait.

got a few up on my photo album la... haha...

i wan the shots with the gears leh... haha

Hi redstone,

Interested in the outing, but need to apply leave. Can''t confirm yet, but will try to see if can take leave that day. Wanted to re-capture some shots and hopefully weather will be good so that I can try out my IR shots.

I would like to join, but i knock off at 530pm and will reach there ard 6pm. Is that ok?

Meeting at that time in Raffles Place, but can join after that time by crossing over to Clifford by Change Alley and Change Alley Aerial Plaza and meeting the group there.

The Aerial Plaza is the shop-lined bridge. ;)

Since it's the last day, I am intending to stay a long time, and shooting a lot. Have decided it to be a small group.

Tentative list:

Redstone
wormz777
Francis247
denniskee

Guys please confirm with me on thursday night! :D

Clifford in it's earlier days, very busy.

makeimg.php

makeimg.php

http://www.mpa.gov.sg/infocentre/newsreleases/2006/nr060327.htm

27-03-2006

RELOCATION OF FERRY AND LAUNCH SERVICES FROM CLIFFORD PIER TO MARINA SOUTH PIER

On 1st April 2006 (0800 hours), all ferry and launch services will be relocated from Clifford Pier to Marina South Pier due to the construction of the Marina Barrage. With the relocation of ferry and launch services to the Marina South Pier, Clifford Pier will cease its operations as a public landing point.

The Marina South Pier is located at:
31, Marina Coastal Drive
Singapore 018988

Customs, immigration and quarantine facilities will be available at the Marina South Pier and immigration clearance procedures will remain unchanged.

A new bus service (proposed Service 402) will be introduced to serve the Marina South Pier. SBS Transit will release detailed information nearer the date of the opening.

Aww man...I'd be there if I wasn't going to be stuck in camp till the end of the week. Can't take enough pictures of this place, and I never thought it would be so interesting. When I was just a few years younger, used to pass by here frequently but felt it was too seedy to walk in there. Getting a camera has strangely given me the guts to do it. :bsmilie:

Arrr... i think i going down RIGHT NOW !!!

There's covered access from Raffles Place MRT to Clifford.

Take the underpass to Caltex House from MRT. Then take second floor of Change Alley to Hitachi Tower, walk to Clifford Centre and there's the bridge which crosses over. ;)

I think I will might be going down tomorrow after work to take some pictures..:) But dunno what time I can finish work man.. Can still join you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.