Last day of Clifford Pier

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

Found posted in another forums:

"To ensure business continuity, ferry and launch services at Clifford Pier will be relocated to a new pier in Marina South (Marina South Pier) with effect from 1st April 2006 at 8am."

The address of the Marina South Pier is as follows:
31 Marina Coastal Drive
Singapore 018988

------

The last day of Clifford Pier's operational life would be 31 March 2006.

After which boats would begin operations from a new pier and cruise centre at Marina South.
Clifford was opened in 3 June 1933, replacing the old Johnston's Pier.

73 years in operation, it had seen the huge influx of migrants during the early days, countless people going thru and fro. From rough seas to a now calm bay. From steam ships to diesel vessels. From lively to now normally dead quite.

73 years of it's maritime history ends on 31 March.
After which, it would be conserved and redeveloped as part of the Downtown @ Marina Bay masterplan.

3 June 1933 - 1 April 2006

ohh. i loved going to clifford pier to eat tapau food and listen to awful karaoke singing by the aritificial light beside the steps while threatening to accidently fall into the water.

i'll try to see if i can make it. :)

mintae said:
ohh. i loved going to clifford pier to eat tapau food and listen to awful karaoke singing by the aritificial light beside the steps while threatening to accidently fall into the water.

i'll try to see if i can make it. :)

Night shoot also can. :)

Sounds interesting.. hmmmmm... but.. I dunno if i can make it yet.. haha NTU exam period, that time.. T.T

redstone said:
No one wants to go?

When news announced it was to close, i thought lots of people want to go there shoot.

Now confirm when close, no one wants to go??? :confused: :cry: :bsmilie:

Just curious why u choose to shoot on the last day itself when u can shoot it anytime from now till end march? Is there going to be anything special there that day?

31 Mar is still some time away, so how to confirm now?

31 Mar 06 (Friday) a bit far for me to confirm yet, but I will tentatively book it in my calendar and decide when the time draw closer, is that ok with you? I need to take leave from work so must plan carefully.

Friday :( may be can go on the last sunday of march? ;)

I second Klose suggestion on last Sunday of March, maybe can do that and decide whether to revisit on 31 Mar?

clicknick said:
Just curious why u choose to shoot on the last day itself when u can shoot it anytime from now till end march? Is there going to be anything special there that day?

31 Mar is still some time away, so how to confirm now?

Maybe redstone knows something we don't ? :think:

I will most likely be organising an outing there on the last sunday of march :)

Status
Not open for further replies.