Lasik gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clicknick

Apr 13, 2005
Hougang
Took this in the Community Click competition at Geylang Serai CC. Was for the theme "Kampong Spirit in Gelang Serai".

Cat.jpg

wah seh...so fast post :)

i notice the eye too......different colors, maybe wear contacts :bsmilie:

sigg said:
wah seh...so fast post :)

i notice the eye too......different colors, maybe wear contacts :bsmilie:

U were there too? Which one is your pic?

clicknick said:
U were there too? Which one is your pic?

hint hint...the identical picture to the consolation prize: singapore post centre.........mine lost :bsmilie:

somehow i feel the winning pic is errrrr :dunno:

Oh, yours is the post center in landscape format huh?

Most of the winning pics are good. Some, let's just say I don't know what the judges were thinking, haha. :think:

clicknick said:
Oh, yours is the post center in landscape format huh?

Most of the winning pics are good. Some, let's just say I don't know what the judges were thinking, haha. :think:

Correct, good memory :)

At least I am not alone ........

Andy Ang said:
Hmm... Think a lot of submissions are out of topic.

I agree too.

For critique of the above picture, I put in my 2 cents as I love taking cat pictures.

I think I see 2 problems. First, the ears are cropped off.

Second, the pink bicycle in the background is distracting. but of course, this is a natural setting of the cat so cant change much. Maybe a different angle will work?

Love the eyes of this cat. Hope its fine. Because salivating cats are usually quite sick....:embrass: :embrass:

Regards,
tltan

Andy Ang said:
Hmm... Think a lot of submissions are out of topic.

Maybe mine too, haha. Actually, I used to live in a kampong, and when I think of kampongs I always think of the animals there like dogs, cats and chickens.

But then alot of Sporeans and foreign talents have never lived in a kampong, or even been to one b4.

tltan said:
I agree too.

For critique of the above picture, I put in my 2 cents as I love taking cat pictures.

I think I see 2 problems. First, the ears are cropped off.

Second, the pink bicycle in the background is distracting. but of course, this is a natural setting of the cat so cant change much. Maybe a different angle will work?

Love the eyes of this cat. Hope its fine. Because salivating cats are usually quite sick....:embrass: :embrass:

Regards,
tltan

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Yes, I totally agree about the ears.

The pink bike, for me, is used to add colours to an otherwise monotonous background. It works for some people and not for others depending on preferences, but again u r right, it can also be interpreted as distracting background.

clicknick said:
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Yes, I totally agree about the ears.

The pink bike, for me, is used to add colours to an otherwise monotonous background. It works for some people and not for others depending on preferences, but again u r right, it can also be interpreted as distracting background.

Hey clicknick, it was just my comments. I respect your picture as you have taken it. I guessed as much for the bike as I also like to include things into the frame to make the picture more complex. hahaha. An example is this:

162831932_bf2fd7a841.jpg

Yeh, I am guilty of it too. haha.

Looking at the pic again, would it be better if it was shot in portriat with the whole ears intact and eliminate the right blown highlights while emphasizing more pink? hehehe. Nonsense babbling again because I see cats. Love them.

Regards,
tltan

tltan said:
Hey clicknick, it was just my comments. I respect your picture as you have taken it. I guessed as much for the bike as I also like to include things into the frame to make the picture more complex. hahaha. An example is this:

Yeh, I am guilty of it too. haha.

Looking at the pic again, would it be better if it was shot in portriat with the whole ears intact and eliminate the right blown highlights while emphasizing more pink? hehehe. Nonsense babbling again because I see cats. Love them.

Regards,
tltan

Nice shot of the cat under a tire.

Ya, I never tot of shooting in portrait. Good point.

clicknick said:
Nice shot of the cat under a tire.

Ya, I never tot of shooting in portrait. Good point.

nah, its a lousy shot really. But I just wanted to capture that lovely cat. hehe. The background is blown as I spot meter on the cat due to the overall dark environment. Then the tire also cut into his ear. But yeah, its a lovely cat! very loving. hehe

Whatever it is!!!!

I like it.... no reasons..!!

The cat's ears are a bit cropped out. The background is also rather distracting.

veyron said:
The cat's ears are a bit cropped out. The background is also rather distracting.

Thanks for critique :thumbsup:, I still have lots to learn. Will remember and strive to improve on these aspects.

clicknick said:
Thanks for critique :thumbsup:, I still have lots to learn. Will remember and strive to improve on these aspects.

No problem. Just some of my personal opinion.
You may like to check out some of these kitty pics.:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timberwolf

http://www.fotolia.com/search.php?p=71528&ca=4001001&cca=10025025&idp=659044&s=1

http://www.dreamstime.com/Timberwolfqx_portfolio_pg1

veyron said:

Lots of great pics

Some of the cats fur seems to be glowing. Is it due to postprocessing, or blown highlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.