Laser mouse or wacom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poon

Apr 2, 2003
Visit site
I was initially thinking about getting a wacom tablet for photo editing, but recently have heard about professionals choosing to laser mouse instead. How can a laser mouse replace a pen-like device like wacom, or am i missing something here?

Also anyone here feel unsafe of the "laser" from the laser mouse?

I have both and they are definately not replacements for each other. Maybe it's just me but for photo editing i still feel using a mouse is easier. The Wacom tablet only becomes more useful when u need to do stuff like drawing or precision editing like using the spray brush or something.

Btw, you can't see the laser beam and besides, it's a class 1 laser product (like your cdrom laser, etc) so it's not supposed to be harmful.

Just my $0.02

Denosha said:
I have both and they are definately not replacements for each other. Maybe it's just me but for photo editing i still feel using a mouse is easier. The Wacom tablet only becomes more useful when u need to do stuff like drawing or precision editing like using the spray brush or something.

Btw, you can't see the laser beam and besides, it's a class 1 laser product (like your cdrom laser, etc) so it's not supposed to be harmful.

Just my $0.02

ok. thanks.

:eek: :eek: :eek: where to get laser mouse?!?!?!

u mean rodents have evolved?!?!?!?? :rolleyes:

DOOMSDAY lai liao :sticktong

oof~ thats an expensive one. 1 thing i realized frm cordless mouse is that, they're generally heavy due to the batteries. i haf mx700 n the newer mx510. i muz say, the mx 510 is much better. abit regretted on buying logitech cordless duo. =/

wacom all d way! o, choose intuos fr best performance.

detrop said:
oof~ thats an expensive one. 1 thing i realized frm cordless mouse is that, they're generally heavy due to the batteries. i haf mx700 n the newer mx510. i muz say, the mx 510 is much better. abit regretted on buying logitech cordless duo. =/

wacom all d way! o, choose intuos fr best performance.

I second that.... but hor... dun get the small one... use already not xhiok... get the 9x12... :thumbsup:

Using a Wacom tablet for both my graphic design work and photo editting.

:thumbsup: Really does wonders... would recommend the wacom anytime though the mouse can still be used for day to day basis.

idor said:
I second that.... but hor... dun get the small one... use already not xhiok... get the 9x12... :thumbsup:

Wah.:eek: I can get a new camera with a wacom that size.:bheart:

Poon said:
Wah.:eek: I can get a new camera with a wacom that size.:bheart:

Just go for the Graphire series from Wacom. Costs around $280 or lesser thereabouts. For size of the tablet 9x12 is an over kill for average home users. Get the 6x8. Its enough. Don't look at the intuos ... its nice but some of the shortcuts can be done via keyboard so its not necessary you have the shortcut palletes in there.

detrop said:
9x12 abit too big le :dunno:

hehehe I dun know... I currently uses the 6x8... find it a little too small.... maybe cos i use a 21 inch CRT.... When i say 9x12 i forgot to factor in the CRT size... :embrass:

idor said:
hehehe I dun know... I currently uses the 6x8... find it a little too small.... maybe cos i use a 21 inch CRT.... When i say 9x12 i forgot to factor in the CRT size... :embrass:
6x8 is juz nice though can b abit bigger. :bsmilie: but i seriously find the 9x12 is too big. though its nice to copy some drawings though. like, juz put the paper underneath the plastic sleeve and u can trace. but still abit too big. wonderin if the haf something like 8x10 should b nice. ;p

detrop said:
6x8 is juz nice though can b abit bigger. :bsmilie: but i seriously find the 9x12 is too big. though its nice to copy some drawings though. like, juz put the paper underneath the plastic sleeve and u can trace. but still abit too big. wonderin if the haf something like 8x10 should b nice. ;p

hmmm remind me of those optimizers for cad/cam applications like autocad... i wonder does anyone makes that for Photoshop? If so what is the price like?

Status
Not open for further replies.