Laser Colour Printer or Inkjet Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xviruz

Dec 18, 2009
Singapore
Just looking for some opinions:

1. Do you guys prefer to print yourself at home or send to the printers? Which is more economical? Assume: printing is a maximum of A4 size.

2. Would you choose laser colour or inkjet printer? Take into mind that sometimes using an inkjet printer the colour fades over time.

3. Recommendations of printers either laser or inkjet? again assume maximum print size is A4

Thanks everyone.

depends on what's your expectation of your print.

for documents, of course it's Laser.

for photos, if your expectation is high and have no patience, best is to send to printer. if your expectation is high and willing to learn color management, it'll be home inkjet plus color calibrator plus good paper (not very economical but very satisfying). if your expectation is not that high but wants glossy prints, then both labs and home inkjet oso can.

Only 1 response...hmmm....

thanks moderator...

yeah i know sending to the printers to print for me will offer the best quality possible. I was just wondering if it was more economical to print photos myself as opposed to sending it to the printer to print.

yeah i know sending to the printers to print for me will offer the best quality possible. I was just wondering if it was more economical to print photos myself as opposed to sending it to the printer to print.

Read again.
if your expectation is high and willing to learn color management, it'll be home inkjet plus color calibrator plus good paper (not very economical but very satisfying).
What makes you think the lab will give you "the best quality possible"? They work for mass printing, applying standard settings and sometimes even do further adjustments to the images which might not what you want.
If economics is more important than quality (and influence on the prints) then use the print shops. But if you really want to have quality then you must be prepared to pay either more for the print shop (go to those prepared for artwork) or get your own equipment for home.

Just looking for some opinions:

1. Do you guys prefer to print yourself at home or send to the printers? Which is more economical? Assume: printing is a maximum of A4 size.

2. Would you choose laser colour or inkjet printer? Take into mind that sometimes using an inkjet printer the colour fades over time.

3. Recommendations of printers either laser or inkjet? again assume maximum print size is A4

Thanks everyone.

Hello, xviruz.
I guess there is no harm in hearing another set of experience from me here, although I must admit I am no expert.
If it's small 4R size photos I need, I just print them at home on my Canon Inkjet with Glossy Photo Paper.
But recently I have found a good printer who does bigger prints for me: A3 and A2. He would print on Inkjet and do a laminate. He also does them foam-board mounted. I am very happy with the results.

I can hang them up at home. Makes me happy. Hahaha...

There are some great inkjet printers such as the canon 9500 II or the epson r1900, r2880 etc. Great prints but the ink ,the paper and calibration will add up the costs. But of course seeing the picture through conception and composition to taking it, processing it, and doing own printing can be really satisfying

ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.