[LARUNG GAR] Expression of interest during September 2014

championboxer

Nov 25, 2002
Singapore/Australia
Visit site
hi all...

Me and a few others have done the initial research on visiting this wonderful place next month. however, one of the members pulled out due to work and hence I am seeking any interested individuals to join us next month.

About Larung Gar, here are some links: http://www.thelandofsnows.com/sertar

Fellow clubsnap member MAYHEMICS took awesome images and posted in his thread. Here are some of his pictures

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

If one is to google about this place, you shall find interesting facts about this place.

Feel free to email me for more information. It would a 6-7 days trip from Chengdu.

Last edited:
Destination: Larung Gar, Sethar, Garze.
Duration: 7 days, 6 nights
Itinerary:
Day 1 Chengdu-Tukchen(ch:Guanyinqiao) (alt:2600m) (dist:8hours)
We will visit Berodzana cave ,one of the most important Buddhist practitioner during 7th century ,he took main responsibility to spread Buddhism in the Gyarong region!

Day 2 Guanyingqiao--Serta(alt:3800m)(dist:6hours)
Early this morning,we will visit Tugye Chenpo,another very important Buddhist site in Kham and Amdo,here we will visit a beautiful Statue Buddha Shakya Muni,many Tibetans do prostrations along the way to here from their homes! so we will go there to take photos,then leave for Serta!

Day 3 Sertar
Photograph about Larung Gar!

Day 4 Sertar
Photograph about sky-burial

Day 5 Sertar
Photograph nearby residence

Day 6 Serta-Dartsemdo(ch:Kangding)
(Alt:2600m)(Dist:8hours)
The landscapes and architectures in these areas are spectacular for photographers! Beside this,we will visit Lhagang monastery,another very important Buddhist site in Kham!

Day 7 Kangding---Chengdu

The above itinerary is recommended by a local Tibetian agent. Other agencies have similar routes just that the route taken to go up to Larung Gar would be different for different agencies.