largest aperture lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluSpoon

hi guys wads the largest aperture lens u have ever came across or heard of
i heard that of a 2400 f/0.75 used by some jack bauer or something like that to track down terrorist

any1 heard of lenses wider or this wide?
i noe canon has a 50 1.0:)

i heard that of a 2400 f/0.75 used by some jack bauer or something like that to track down terrorist

Found from the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_speed

Some of the fastest camera lenses ever made are:
  • Carl Zeiss 50mm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]0.7 (Limited production lens built for the NASA space program, used on 35mm movie cameras by Stanley Kubrick for some candlelit scenes in Barry Lyndon)
  • Tokyo Kogaku Toko 5cm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]0.7 (WWII) and Simlar 5cm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]0.7 (1951) [1]
  • Rodenstock TV-Heligon 50mm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]0.75
  • Nikon TV-Nikkor 35mm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]0.9-Fastest Nikkor ever made[2]
  • Canon 50mm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]0.95 (Available in TV and Canon 7 Rangefinder Version)
  • Schneider Kreuznach 50mm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]0.95 'Xenon' (Available with C mount)
  • Leica Noctilux 50mm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]1.0 (Leica M mount, the fastest lens currently in production for 35mm cameras)
  • Canon EF 50mm [FONT=Georgia,serif]f/[/FONT]1.0 (for Canon autofocus SLR, now out of production)

Note that the aperture measured in f-stop is a ratio of focal length to diameter of the lens. If you're asking about LARGEST (physical dimension) aperture instead of fastest apertures (those in the f0.x range), the title would definitely go to some monstrous telescope lens out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.