Large format negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

destes

Mar 20, 2006
I am a newbie, I have some large format negatives and would like to put this on disc, but can't find anyplace that does it. I have a printer that will print from 35 mm film, but the large format is too big. Does anyone know if there is an attachement I could get.???

destes said:
I am a newbie, I have some large format negatives and would like to put this on disc, but can't find anyplace that does it. I have a printer that will print from 35 mm film, but the large format is too big. Does anyone know if there is an attachement I could get.???
Large format? 4"x5"? You'll probably need drum scanner unless your flatbed has backlighting. I think Epson has one which can scan transparencies up to A4 size. Another way is to get it professionally done.

Thanks, I have checked out getting it professionally done, but can't find a place that does it, the one place I found wanted $3.00 per picture.

Do you know where I could go to get the one from Empson?????

Thank you.

destes said:
Thanks, I have checked out getting it professionally done, but can't find a place that does it, the one place I found wanted $3.00 per picture.

Do you know where I could go to get the one from Empson?????

Thank you.
http://www.epson.com.sg/other/othersites/epson_square.shtml
You may visit them to check out the latest models and see which one allows you to scan to your film size. I think the model I used in my previous job was already no longer in the market. So you can check out the newer ones to see if they are able to meet your needs.

Canon also has scanners but I think they only allow up to mdium format.

Anyway, how many do you need to scan? $3/sheet isn't too expensive.

I have about 200-300. They are my father's when he was young and in WWII.

destes said:
I have about 200-300. They are my father's when he was young and in WWII.
Wow.. then I think you'd better check out the price and get the flatbed scanner. Another way is to set up a white acrylic with a flash behind and use it like a lightbox to 'copy' the film with a digital camera. It might be easier (and faster) that way and then if they are negatives, just batch process them.

We have a flatbed scanner, HP3210 but it doesn't have the attachment for a large format. Would there be a way to make one. It has the accessaries for 35mm and slided, but these are too big to fit into those. Thanks for all your help.

dunno if kex does it.... try calling bedokphotos.

singscott said:
Yes call Boonwei (Kex) his number 9682 8667:thumbsup:
What is his area code.????????????????????????;p

destes said:
What is his area code.????????????????????????;p

Er you not from singapore. Ops we are from singapore. But who know may be he can do it. Then the IDD code should be +65 9682 8667. But if you are like in europe or US then you can forget about calling him.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.