Laptops from Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Aug 20, 2004
Melbourne/Singapore
Has anyone bought a laptop from Japan, can it be used in Singapore?
Saw in Sony Vaio Japan website, lots of nice laptops with equally attractive prices.

Has anyone bought a laptop from Japan, can it be used in Singapore?
Saw in Sony Vaio Japan website, lots of nice laptops with equally attractive prices.

y nt? but u need to check the adapter input voltage...n warranty...n OS loaded mayb jap version...so this are some of it to take note...

so tempting! wonder if anyone brought back a laptop from japan.........

y nt? but u need to check the adapter input voltage...n warranty...n OS loaded mayb jap version...so this are some of it to take note...

bought a Apple from Japan, Adapter, no problem. Internation Warranty, OS, can ask them to change... And the sales person speak very good english.... good service..

bought a Apple from Japan, Adapter, no problem. Internation Warranty, OS, can ask them to change... And the sales person speak very good english.... good service..

How much cheaper is it? Do u get any GST refund?

if u are getting something from there which Singapore has for sale..then no point..

get something which can't be bought here...but then again...as they say...must be usable
lah. :bsmilie:

not really. I remember the small pocket viao in Japan is around 50% the price of singapore. Seriously. Was really tempted to buy but not too sure of singapore pricing at that time. The Sony Japan as some very cheap barebones Viao which is not available in singapore.

Sony Vaio! That's what got me excited ...............I saw the Vaio Japan website, it looks so good & cheap! I just want one! Haha:bsmilie:

adaptors for laptops are normally shipped for the international voltage and shouldn't be a problem.

oh yah.. check out the keyboard yah? don't come back with a japanese keyboard.

japanese keyboard is fine, using one now. not a prob at all once you are used to it. I find it easier to use then the international version.

Anyone going to Japan and willing to help me buy a laptop? Thank you :sweat:

japanese keyboard is fine, using one now. not a prob at all once you are used to it. I find it easier to use then the international version.

Really? Absolutely cannot stand the tiny space bar... more people I know hates it as well, since you can type japanese easily on a normal US keyboard.

Really? Absolutely cannot stand the tiny space bar... more people I know hates it as well, since you can type japanese easily on a normal US keyboard.
dunno about them but I find it so much easier. my hands dont need to fly all over the place just to type out a single line.

No, it is easier to type Japanese on a Japanese keyboard because the Japanese keyboard has the essential keys for you to interchange input method and changing from kana to kanji.

Typing Japanese using English keyboard sucks. If you are using English OS to type Japanese, that will be even worse!

I've decided not to buy it cos pocket got big hole liao:( . Thanks TMC for your help........

Status
Not open for further replies.