laptop touch pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
hi, anybody has any idea how to disable the touch pad on my laptop? sometimes, while typing, the pointer will just jump to elsewhere. very ignoring bug. don't know is it due to the touch pad.

any experience on this? Acer laptop Aspire 4935:think:

under control panel should be something to turn it off. not sure if its under mouse properties. i'm using a desktop now so i don't have that option.

nope, not available there.

is there a Fn key on yr keyboard? Usually its Fn F7

pressing F7 turns on Caret browsing. this feature places a movable cursor in web pages, allow you to select text on keyboard... blah blah blah

nope i dun think this is the one

sometimes the cursor will jump a few line above or below. sometimes to the middle of nowhere. it's a annoying fault cos sometimes when you typing a sentence, it'll jump to nowhere...

anybody, has any idea what fault causes this?

precisely, that's the problem. erratic cursor movement. question is my laptop does not have those instruction like 'Device Select tab and check "Disable Touch Pad when USB Pointing Device is present.'

last resort is BIOS. press CTRL+ALT+? what to access BIOS?

using windows XP SP3

need to disable it badly.... it's a nuisance

hi, anybody has any idea how to disable the touch pad on my laptop? sometimes, while typing, the pointer will just jump to elsewhere. very ignoring bug. don't know is it due to the touch pad.

any experience on this? Acer laptop Aspire 4935:think:
Press Fn + F7

GMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.