Laptop screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

westwest1

Deregistered
Feb 25, 2006
@ AMK
To Laptop advisor

I like to know whats the reason people does not opt for a screen resolution of 1400x1050 and they get a lower 1028x768 instead?

Even for wide screen I noticed people gets the lower res one instead.

What you guys think about high res screen and why the manufacturer are not marketing much of it?

What is your prefer screen resolution?

Doing this for sch marketing research.

TIA
Hope to hear your comments

dun get it.....

i bought a wide screen laptop and using it's max... 1280x800 which is a "widescreen" res..

as in.. my square looks sqaure not rectangle, and my circle looks round not oval... :bsmilie:

i cannot get the question as well..

if you're not running your LCD's native resolution the graphics will be 'funny'...

It all depend on your usage. If you are using mostly to surf internet, word processor, powerpoint etc, then 1024x768 is sufficient and cheaper. It is also resolution that all current projectors support.

You will only need wide screen and/or higher resolution if you need bigger or wider desktop area especially for spreadsheet user.

Let me rephrase the question,

What will your preferred resolution be for a laptop? And why would you choose that?

1024x768
1400x1050
1600x1200

It only applies to normal screen. Like to hear your reason and views.

depends on screen size as well.

those are only available in 14.1 and 15inch....so the choices are limit to HP, Lenovo Thinkpad, Toshiba...some other brands I still searching at the moment...

just want to know why no one like higher resolution screen...worst...some have not hear of the higher resolution models available...

dun get it.....

i bought a wide screen laptop and using it's max... 1280x800 which is a "widescreen" res..

as in.. my square looks sqaure not rectangle, and my circle looks round not oval... :bsmilie:

like to know why you did not get the clearer...sharper...nicer looking 1440 x 900 resolution screen??

like to know why you did not get the clearer...sharper...nicer looking 1440 x 900 resolution screen??
this would mean extra cost... if you screen is just about 14", the gain in sharpness ain't very much notable unless you try to compare pixel to pixel...

imho my 14.1" 1280x768 are sharp enough.

Me getting old. So lugging around 14" or 15" bricks isn't that appealing a thought. Which is why I settled for a light 12" laptop, easier to bring around. So with 12" I get only 1024x768; if they'd only squeeze 1400x1050 I'd be a happy puppy :)

Me getting old. So lugging around 14" or 15" bricks isn't that appealing a thought. Which is why I settled for a light 12" laptop, easier to bring around. So with 12" I get only 1024x768; if they'd only squeeze 1400x1050 I'd be a happy puppy :)

12inch lappie are really ex...:bsmilie:

even they ask me market i also heahache...

this would mean extra cost... if you screen is just about 14", the gain in sharpness ain't very much notable unless you try to compare pixel to pixel...

imho my 14.1" 1280x768 are sharp enough.

:think:

screen size using more pixel generally cost more... but most of the time it doesn't make very obvious different when it comes to sharpness (eg 1280x768 vs 1440x900 on a 14")

Status
Not open for further replies.