Laptop Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboey

Jun 16, 2006
Eastern Singapore
www.iboey.com
My acer LCD is getting dim, Im exploring into desktop or laptop editing work. But Im particular on the LCD screen of laptop, something which is not easily changed when bought. For desktop i can alwiz get a good panel. In terms of specs, no worries on that, im only concerened in the panel. ;)

1. Which particular laptop panel are really good for editing work? No mac pls ;)

if ur acer still can work, u can always connect ur laptop to an external monitor to do ur editing work at home/office/etc.

if ur acer still can work, u can always connect ur laptop to an external monitor to do ur editing work at home/office/etc.

I have thought of it but the placing of laptop with the screen is a problem. Like very weird orientation :confused:

I have thought of it but the placing of laptop with the screen is a problem. Like very weird orientation :confused:

hmmm, true.
1 way is to put the ext monitor beside ur laptop (say on the right), then u turn the laptop to face slightly to the right.

another way is to use another keyboard and mouse, so u can leave ur laptop aside, and bring the kb/mouse in front of the ext monitor.

if there is sufficient space in between u and the ext monitor, u can place the laptop between you and the monitor, and press the laptop screen down 180 degrees.

hope you get what i mean. (i'm not really gd at describing.. haha)

Actually i would like to have a new setup and new calibration tool. With your recommendation, the new LCD will be using my acer laptop spyderexpress profile. It will not be correct which i tink :think:

Actually i would like to have a new setup and new calibration tool. With your recommendation, the new LCD will be using my acer laptop spyderexpress profile. It will not be correct which i tink :think:

u can recalibrate ur system to suit the ext LCD monitor. that would be the same as buying, for eg, a new desktop.

i always thought dell was good.

Asus G2S :thumbsup: ... if you don't mind the size and how it looks... but they might be updating this model soon... great 17" 1920x1200 screen and all the I/O ports you can want, including eSATA :)

Sony FZ is ok. But honestly, I'm on a Lenovo T61P right now and the screen is great. My Acer Ferrari 4005 is still better though.

Dell M1330 seems good. :)

My acer LCD is getting dim, Im exploring into desktop or laptop editing work. But Im particular on the LCD screen of laptop, something which is not easily changed when bought. For desktop i can alwiz get a good panel. In terms of specs, no worries on that, im only concerened in the panel. ;)

1. Which particular laptop panel are really good for editing work? No mac pls ;)

I have worked on both laptop and desktop. Personally, I would'nt recommend a laptop. A laptop, while space saving doesn't allow you to easily upgrade your hardware when your requirements become more demanding.
- limited ports for peripherals
- usually only 1 primary hard-disk. For editing, best to have 1 primary (for the OS and software) and 1 secondary for the data (SATA connection and not usb/firewire)
- hard-disk (2.5") more expensive and slower than 3.5"
- limited offering of graphic cards
- monitor size limited..I use a 24" monitor and it is heaven ;)

I can think of more reasons but I think these are compelling enuff

TS mentioned that the LCD on his laptop on his screen is becoming dim. Does this happen as a matter of an aging change with the usual screens? Was reading that the newer LED backlit ones do not fade in a similar manner.

Using Sz series.
Superb:thumbsup:

Im using VAIO VGN- SZ28, the lcd is just wonderful. its amazing. highly recommended.. :)

just to check, is the average laptop on the street able to support the resolution of a 22 ~ 24" LCD monitor when we hook them up?

I'm also interested in getting a laptop with external monitor combi. Going to US soon and the laptop there are pretty cheap compare to Singapore.

just to check, is the average laptop on the street able to support the resolution of a 22 ~ 24" LCD monitor when we hook them up?

I'm also interested in getting a laptop with external monitor combi. Going to US soon and the laptop there are pretty cheap compare to Singapore.

it depends on the graphics within the laptop.
but i guess most so be able to do so w/o any probs.

just to be sure, u need dedicated ones. i don't really trust integrated ones.

it depends on the graphics within the laptop.
but i guess most so be able to do so w/o any probs.

just to be sure, u need dedicated ones. i don't really trust integrated ones.

the one with dedicated ones confirm can... but are really expensive siah...

Status
Not open for further replies.