Laptop Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to check, is the average laptop on the street able to support the resolution of a 22 ~ 24" LCD monitor when we hook them up?

I'm also interested in getting a laptop with external monitor combi. Going to US soon and the laptop there are pretty cheap compare to Singapore.
if its just for viewing web/non-HD video... etc (non-intensive graphic work), even integrated are fine, my intel extreme2 hook up on my 20" without any problom.

Have you guy consider Service Centre before buying a NB [Or a Camera or a Mobile Phone].

Do not just buy on spec and price. Service Centre is very very critical.
If you have Service Centre like Nokia, then you are DEAD. [You have to wait 2 1/2 hours just to collect a repaired phone!?]

HP service centre is very nice. Quick, and provide good waiting area [nice coffee, cake]. And if within warranty is Free Delivery back to you. Also free parking.
Asus Service Centre : A Small outlet that is not preparing for big users base
Sony: Look like it mixed all business in one area be it NB, Camera, Hifi, DCAM..... And once is combined with many different types of product, is no fun.
Philips: A wayang place. Long wait,

Interesting idea ? Buying a product check its Service Centre First !

Cheers/TM

Have you guy consider Service Centre before buying a NB [Or a Camera or a Mobile Phone].

Do not just buy on spec and price. Service Centre is very very critical.
If you have Service Centre like Nokia, then you are DEAD. [You have to wait 2 1/2 hours just to collect a repaired phone!?]

HP service centre is very nice. Quick, and provide good waiting area [nice coffee, cake]. And if within warranty is Free Delivery back to you. Also free parking.
Asus Service Centre : A Small outlet that is not preparing for big users base
Sony: Look like it mixed all business in one area be it NB, Camera, Hifi, DCAM..... And once is combined with many different types of product, is no fun.
Philips: A wayang place. Long wait,

Interesting idea ? Buying a product check its Service Centre First !

Cheers/TM

I totally agree. Any comments on the Lenovo service center ?

I totally agree. Any comments on the Lenovo service center ?

I wanna know too :)

the specs and price wise looks very tempting

ya I bought in on June 2006 n its still ROCKS today!!!! the newer version is SZ58.. Nice NIce Nice

50 cents worth of suggestions :bigeyes:
why nobody consider NEC notebook?

they have a big reputation in japan and in SG, somehow users of NEC notebook had little complaints for those who owns it,
performance of a notebook depends on the quality of the product not the branding of the product,
if you going for quality and branding,
i'll definately recommend Apple with duo-OS, OS-X and Windows XP Pro,
this will be one of the best machines coz you'll have the best of both worlds,
the compatibility of all softwares with XP Pro and the power of graphic editing with OS-X,
else, do give NEC a consideration as they provide an affordable price with good performance,
but if budget is your concern, do walk around in Sim Lim Square to look for budget notebook such as Compaq and Dell AMD systems, they normally go below 1K not more than 1.2K with accessories added in...

PS: IT-Show 08 is around the corner, no sweat in choosing your notebook, just go down, have a look, have a feel at what they are offering, choose what you like, and no regrets ;)

heh..

well anyway its up to the person if he wants to cross platforms. no point highlighting adv and disadv of each system. besides, google can tell you why.

Work from your budget. Example $1500.

should Fujitsu laptop be considered for photo editing?

considering the S6410 or E8410, coz can get student price at NTU/NUS...
I've looked at the screens of those two (I'm hiding out at NUS ;p) and while serviceable, I'm not particularly impressed by the screens... but speed wise should be ok... and as always, more RAM wouldn't hurt either...

Status
Not open for further replies.