Laptop for use with Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN LEE

Feb 3, 2005
Singapore
Hi all,

I am considering a laptop for the use of Photoshop CS2 which I hope it will be below $1800.

Can anyone suggest a good system?

Anything details I should be careful of?

Thanks!

Macbook is :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I am concerning a laptop for the use of Photoshop CS2 which I hope it will be below $1800.

Thanks!

Try to get at least 1gb of ram as well. Storage for all your RAW files and post-worked PSD's will eat up alot of space fast so you might eventually need an external HDD.

MacBook for normal photoshop work should suffice, but a better system will be MacBook Pro.

If MBP is out of your financial league at the moment, in terms of price/performance, A mid-range MacBook is better in terms of price/performance

I am Mac user, and I support PC users to switch to Mac, but in terms px/perf, might not be entirely great for a <S$1800 MacBook.

Thanks for all.

I already have a copy of Photoshop CS2, MS office and many original software for PC.

If I get a macbook, can my copy of Photoshop and MS office be used?

I planned to replace my desktop with laptop to saveup for those softwares I already have.

BTW, how much is a macbook?

If I need to do presentation and connecting to projector, is there any software like Powerpoint comes together free?

If mac is not my possible option, anyone can advice other PC laptop like NEC, ACER, HP, ASUS?

Thanks again, your help is very important to me!

i have CS2 in my laptop.... make sure the laptop u r buying has enuf ram...

the most expensive is the good :thumbsup: laptop :bsmilie:

Hi all,

I am considering a laptop for the use of Photoshop CS2 which I hope it will be below $1800.

Thanks!

Thanks for all.

I already have a copy of Photoshop CS2, MS office and many original software for PC.

If I get a macbook, can my copy of Photoshop and MS office be used?

I planned to replace my desktop with laptop to saveup for those softwares I already have.

BTW, how much is a macbook?

If I need to do presentation and connecting to projector, is there any software like Powerpoint comes together free?

If mac is not my possible option, anyone can advice other PC laptop like NEC, ACER, HP, ASUS?

Thanks again, your help is very important to me!

If those softwares are Windows-based, install Windows on MacBook to use them.

All Macs runs on Intel Core 2 Duo now, so making them capable of running x86 operating systems. Install Boot Camp (beta stages currently, but usable) to facilitate the installation of Windows XP SP2 (only XP with SP2 allowed).

Status
Not open for further replies.