Laptop for graphic editting and what have you

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hello all...i'm currently using a super super super duper old and chui laptop that is like 4 + years old (back from my poly days) and it's a miracle i'm still able to type this out on it at this very moment. faithful and steadfast as it has been through these many years, i think it's about time i got a new one, what with the screen that refuses to stand, the cd drive that refuses to spin, the keyboard which refuses to be typed on (i'm using an external one) and the speakers that refuse to uh..speak....

so just need an opinion on which would be a better choice..getting a macbook pro to do graphic editting and video work or getting a dell and customizing it for graphic editting and video work? i'll be honest, just like the systems i use in the army, i know how to operate it, but i don't know how all the internal stuff works... heard macs are better for designing and all that

I am also seraching for a notebook at the moment.

The Dell 1520 so far is the notebook that stands out.

At its price, nothing can match its specs.

I was at the Suntec shop selling Macbooks and the sales guy there told me, "waah... you better get that Dell. We don't have anything that can match it!"

Same too some other sales people at other shops.

I am also seraching for a notebook at the moment.

The Dell 1520 so far is the notebook that stands out.

At its price, nothing can match its specs.

I was at the Suntec shop selling Macbooks and the sales guy there told me, "waah... you better get that Dell. We don't have anything that can match it!"

Same too some other sales people at other shops.

it is cheaper to buy Dell thru their website. ;)

Using an iBook G4 now for all my edits and everything.

Its kinda like my workstation nw. Don't have a desktop to complement it though. But its portable and it just works. So I'll heck it until it dies on me.... 6yrs later? :dunno:

Hp Workstation Notebook. with Nvidia Quadro SLi.
:thumbsup:

Push it up with 4gb ram...

Mine is a single quadro with 3gb ram....

runs super smoothly....

getting a macbook pro to do graphic editting and video work or getting a dell and customizing it for graphic editting and video work?

Use mac and you will definitely won't look back.
unless
you are for gaming.

And with bootcamp, you can always switch back to windows OS.

And of coz, it all depends on which machine OS you comfortable with....

:p :think: :p

for graphic n video editing.. get a mac.. there're reasons why the industry still prefer macs.. both hardware and software are more stable, flexible and more choices are available :)

MBP...very good...u need to change the HD to a faster one...check with them whether can it use the 3GB/s channel HD a not first...

Using an iBook G4 now for all my edits and everything.

Its kinda like my workstation nw. Don't have a desktop to complement it though. But its portable and it just works. So I'll heck it until it dies on me.... 6yrs later? :dunno:

What software u using for editing? iBook is kinda very slow....

Status
Not open for further replies.