Laptop Backpacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the mac 13

May 22, 2005
Yew Tee
Need recommendations for one. Currently looking at the Dicota BacPac Rain.

Strictly backpacks!:)

And a laptop sleeve.

Oh anyone using them balls to cool your laptops? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

laptop only? or laptop + camera? if it's the latter, i'm using a lowepro computrekker and i think it's quite good in terms of protection

those balls for cooling? used them before, but very troublesome to take in and take out, nowadays i just fold 2 pieces of tissue paper to hold up the laptop, works like magic :thumbsup:

And softwares that control the laptop's hardware such as running at lower speed and stuff? Currently using Notebook Hardware Control, want to look at other alternatives.:)

laptop only? or laptop + camera? if it's the latter, i'm using a lowepro computrekker and i think it's quite good in terms of protection

those balls for cooling? used them before, but very troublesome to take in and take out, nowadays i just fold 2 pieces of tissue paper to hold up the laptop, works like magic :thumbsup:

Laptop only.. :)

Currently using two erasers stacked up. :bsmilie:

Boblbee... Solid bags but only thing cost a bomb and cannot find it in Singapore.

Need recommendations for one. Currently looking at the Dicota BacPac Rain.

Strictly backpacks!:)

And a laptop sleeve.

Oh anyone using them balls to cool your laptops? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Using Targus backpack. Nicely padded with extra space for other things.

i use a timbuk2 outtawhack daypack. can be used as a backpack, or using the third strap, convert it to messenger back style, or carry it like a briefcase.. :D

for sleeves i use a BooQ sleeve (hard) and in the inside i used a STX soft sleeve which i cut to line the BooQ~ :D

i have the dicota backpack rain that you are referring to, that was what i used to use for my old acer 15.4 lappy, the lappy compartment is Good, the lappy is snug and quite secure but..

the other compartment for documents and stuff is too small.... you probably wont be able to fit in a waterbottle n stuff.. i'll try dig out some pictures later on..

i moved on to a mobile edge backpack.. this one was huge.. everything goes in.. but.. the lappy protection is not as good..

can look-see at the luggage section of major department stores. i think Samsonite, Delsey, Victorinox (?), etc do have their own range of such bags.

i'm using Outgear brand. The firewall series. Cheap and serve its purpose well. I added a laptop sleeve though, for extra protection.

i would recommend the hydrastorm matrix.. http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=65MT00

Designed for mountain rescue professionals, the Matrix is constructed to perform at the highest levels, while minimizing weight. Great pack for those trips when you don’t want everyone to know who you are and what you do.

• Drink system protected by Microban® antimicrobial technology*
• Market proven bite valve and patent pending quick disconnect system
• Tapered fit for extreme activities
• Aerodynamic shape to minimize wind profile
• Outer compression panel and threaded shock cord for rapid tool deployment
• Numerous storage and attachment points
• Laptop pocket in main compartment
• Bottom constructed of HawkTex™ abrasion and moisture resistant material

Capacity: 100 oz./3 liters Cubes: 1920”
Main Compartment Cubes: 1740”
Dimensions: 20H X 10W X 7.5D

65MT00_0BIG.JPG

got mine for SGD250

and when is the last time you climb a mountain with that bag?
Do you really need hydration pack to/from office in Singapore? I can easily pop up in any 7-11 if I really need to quench my thirst.

Oh I forgot to ask... which mountain in Singapore you last time climbing?

and when is the last time you climb a mountain with that bag?
Do you really need hydration pack to/from office in Singapore? I can easily pop up in any 7-11 if I really need to quench my thirst.

Oh I forgot to ask... which mountain in Singapore you last time climbing?

*yawn... this is based on my personal usage requirements and needs and is it necessary to explain to u? think again.

*yawn... this is based on my personal usage requirements and needs and is it necessary to explain to u? think again.

Yawn... some people really never think, but always ask other people to think instead.

read your post again. It says clearly "I RECOMMEND".
If you recommend something, yes, you need to explain to us, why is it justified to own such a thing. We need to know why do you think we need mountain rescue bag to use in concrete city like singapore.

Yawn... some people really never think, but always ask other people to think instead.

read your post again. It says clearly "I RECOMMEND".
If you recommend something, yes, you need to explain to us, why is it justified to own such a thing. We need to know why do you think we need mountain rescue bag to use in concrete city like singapore.

have u seen this item for urself? anyway its just a recommendation and besides, u got ur preferances and i have mine, i believe the ts has decisions of his own to justify his own preferances based on various recommendations and there r enough info on the site.

I use a Crumpler Ripper Tripper to carry my computer and camera gear when needed. The camera gear padding can be removed so that my bag can be used as a normal bag when i do'nt carry my camera gear. =)

Boblbee... Solid bags but only thing cost a bomb and cannot find it in Singapore.

You can get Korean Boblbee knockoffs that look like the real thing for a lot less. But the real thing is always best.

Status
Not open for further replies.