laptop antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
Hi

Using the wireless@sg with my Apple Airport.

Is there any USB devices that i can buy to boost up my receiving.

Thanks for your recommendation. :)

Hi

Using the wireless@sg with my Apple Airport.

Is there any USB devices that i can buy to boost up my receiving.

Thanks for your recommendation. :)

No. You're limited by the poor internal antennas of the Apple laptops and the weak wireless@SG signal.

Best bet: Buy a PCMCIA wireless card, assuming your laptop has a PCMCIA slot and the Apple Os supports the card.

No. You're limited by the poor internal antennas of the Apple laptops and the weak wireless@SG signal.

Best bet: Buy a PCMCIA wireless card, assuming your laptop has a PCMCIA slot and the Apple Os supports the card.

Thanks Rashkae.

The Apple Antenna reception is rather strong so I think the signal from wireless@SG is weak.

BTW, My Apple iBook G4 can detect many wireless router in my neighbourhood. And no prob surfing at those Fast food outlet too.

Nope, there is no PCMCIA card. :)

There's a company called QuickerTek that makes USB transcievers that works for Macs. Only problem is the cost; its about US$200 excluding freight. Specification wise it's supposed to boost the signal by about 27db, but I've not tried that so I can't verify this.

BTW, the word PCMCIA is so last century. Its called PC card slot now. And furthermore, Apple dropped that when they started making MacBook Pros; they have in its place what's known as ExpressCard/34 slot.

BTW, the word PCMCIA is so last century. Its called PC card slot now. And furthermore, Apple dropped that when they started making MacBook Pros; they have in its place what's known as ExpressCard/34 slot.

Call it what you want, it's still the PCMCIA specification. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.