Lankawi Trip

hope107fm

Feb 9, 2008
Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
Hi fellow CS'ers... going to Langkawi for 3nights next month. Any recommendation for:

1. Beach resort hotel
2. City hotel

Haven't made up my mind whether to stay at beach resort or city hotel. I have googled tripadvisor and so on but would like to hear your personal experience of your stay there.

Rule of thumb is to stay at the Pantai Cenang area and not Kuah town as it is a dead area after five as it is the administrative part of town.

I would strongly recommend you to find ur accommodation along pantai cenang cos that is where most of the happenings are. The rest of the island is like ghost town after nightfall

Rule of thumb is to stay at the Pantai Cenang area and not Kuah town as it is a dead area after five as it is the administrative part of town.

I would strongly recommend you to find ur accommodation along pantai cenang cos that is where most of the happenings are. The rest of the island is like ghost town after nightfall

Thanks guys for the tip. I guess it's beach hotel then. I have in mind the Frangipani Resort and Spa Hotel. Read some good reviews about them in TripAdvisor.

Any other hotel recommendation?

Yeah, u wont go wrong with Frangipani for a placel near the happening areas... But if u dont intend to wander around too much & just stay within the resort, Datai or berjaya is really nice & pleasant

If you're going back to Singapore, first flight out of Langkawi airport, the airport only open shop at 0700 hrs, therefore come after 0700 hrs.

If you're going for the Langkawi cable car, visit the skybridge first as it may be closed during strong winds.

I've some photos of Langkawi during the LIMA 2009.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemujin/sets/72157621268702438/

Frangipani is nice, there is a nice kedai kopi(kopitiam) further down the road near the Frangipani that serves great nasi lemak in banana leaves.

Cheers.

Last week I stayed at Beach Garden Resort along Pantai Cenang from Monday to Friday. I love my the resort though I only managed to find it last minute and it was not within my budget - RM270+ per night with breakfast for 2 every day. My room was just 10m away from the beach, and I only took cab less than 5 times during my stay bcos it was so accessible to all the good food places. If you sign up for tour packages with any agencies, most of them will provide 2 way pick up service.

If u r looking for cheaper accommodation, AB Motel or Thecabin may be good alternative.

Last edited:
If you're going back to Singapore, first flight out of Langkawi airport, the airport only open shop at 0700 hrs, therefore come after 0700 hrs.

If you're going for the Langkawi cable car, visit the skybridge first as it may be closed during strong winds.

I've some photos of Langkawi during the LIMA 2009.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemujin/sets/72157621268702438/

Frangipani is nice, there is a nice kedai kopi(kopitiam) further down the road near the Frangipani that serves great nasi lemak in banana leaves.

Cheers.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Langkawi has certainly been developed since I last visited about 15 years ago when I stayed at Pelangi. Have already booked my flights arriving 13.30 and departing 11.30. So no worries there.

Last week I stayed at Beach Garden Resort along Pantai Cenang from Monday to Friday. I love my the resort though I only managed to find it last minute and it was not within my budget - RM270+ per night with breakfast for 2 every day. My room was just 10m away from the beach, and I only took cab less than 5 times during my stay bcos it was so accessible to all the good food places. If you sign up for tour packages with any agencies, most of them will provide 2 way pick up service.

If u r looking for cheaper accommodation, AB Motel or Thecabin may be good alternative.

Thanks for the info. Can I know if the Beach Garden accommodation is the chalet-type or is it a usual hotel building type?

Awana Langkawi, good view, quiet and beautiful night scenery... If u got extra bucks to spare, go for the private resort... Damn good ... :thumbsup: but will blow ya pocket... :bsmilie: