Language, remarks, insults, zealots .... Interlorence

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is figurative, one is literal.

In a sense, the same logic applies here. If you keep insulting newbies you only seek to dissuade them. As a person who is experienced, shouldn't you have the graciousness to be more gentle ( I hesitate to use the word diplomatic)?

Great masters are either remembered for their kindness or arrogance. The same applies to critics all alike. Are you still not telling the truth when you rephrase your words, while conveying the same meaning yet showing the person respect as you would a family member or friend? Mutual respect is one of the most important aspects of human life.

Or do you really think that only SUCKS and TRASH can convey your meaning? Then I would say that that is a very limited vocabulary indeed!
I am not going to go into the rhymes and reasons of every word uttered. However, my original post was on the handling of TMC's and chris's post by the mod.

moderation is the key to peace in this forum, that's why we need the Mods to be around isn't it.

Both extreme sugar coated praise and criticism may harm the growth of the talent of the forumer. But suitable/tactful criticism and praise should boost the forumers to extra miles in the future.

I think the Mods were just acting on bring moderation back this forum.

Just my newbie thought.

So, will the mod in question warn those who post praises when praises are not due and warranted?

I doubt it.

for once in a long while you start to make some sense again in kopitiam :bsmilie:

I always make sense, it's just that like sbs99 said earlier, it's so much easier to goof off.

-pumps his inflated ego-

I have been noticing a rise in intolerance from some mods of what I read as legitimate comments. I do not know TMC nor chrisljh. However, reading their post, I do not see how they can be seen as rude? Granted, their comments are harsh. But, if a picture is that bad, telling the photogrpaher to do some QC first is a legitimite comment. Saying it is crap is a very precise comment, and saying the pics can be posted in the recycle bin is also appropriate if the pictures in question are trash mateiral.

These comments are directed at the pictures. Must we always sugar coat our comments?

Is the mod completely out of touch?

Mods and superuser are also humans, they do make mistakes. Sometimes, you get pounced for nothing.

So, will the mod in question warn those who post praises when praises are not due and warranted?

I doubt it.

it's about cause and effect.

praises are said and forgotten. insults are carved into stones.

when you create bad blood in the forum with your words, are you expecting the mods to sit back and enjoy the show? psychologically you're creating a barrier for others to come in to share their pictures. how is that going to help CS?

I doubt it.
Let me use another scenario.

If someone praises you, would you find a need to question why he praises you?

Like, "hey, DP, you are wearing a nice jacket today."

Which confused person you know would reply "oh, really? can you explain in detail to me why it is nice?"

As opposed to, "hey, DP, your jacket is not so nice."

And if you are truly interested you would ask "why so?"

And he might tell you that it doesn't match your trousers, etc.

And compared to, "hey DP your jacket blardy sucks i feel like throwing into the trash"

Would you say: "sure, let me help you do it for myself"?

Anyways, for my quoting of your discussion in another forums, it was partially in jest, but I did hope that you would see where I'm coming from. =(

no need to sugar-coat or give harsh comments. just be civil to all bros/sis here.
Respect the individual and if got nothing nice to say, then simply save yr keystrokes.

"yr pic sucks/belong to recycle bin, u shooting wat ar?....etc..." = "you need more practice on yr lighting/composition/framing/focusing etc....."

my 2-yen....of cos, there are some individuals here who are so full of themselves but that's another story....

* there are many ways to skin a cat, why stick to one way??? *

that's all from moi.....

- ca plane pour moi -

Let me use another scenario.

If someone praises you, would you find a need to question why he praises you?

Like, "hey, DP, you are wearing a nice jacket today."

Which confused person you know would reply "oh, really? can you explain in detail to me why it is nice?"

As opposed to, "hey, DP, your jacket is not so nice."

And if you are truly interested you would ask "why so?"

And he might tell you that it doesn't match your trousers, etc.

And compared to, "hey DP your jacket blardy sucks i feel like throwing into the trash"

Would you say: "sure, let me help you do it for myself"?

Anyways, for my quoting of your discussion in another forums, it was partially in jest, but I did hope that you would see where I'm coming from. =(

What you seemed to be saying is, TMC and chris were in the wrong for not telling the TS why the pictures were so bad. If they had given their reasons, then, their comments were not so intelorable???

Wonder what the mod will do under this circumstance.

Empty Pounce?

Shadow boxing I understand.

Now where do you learn your Kung Fu from?

Si Fu always says, "You don't see anything, you don't pounce."

:)

aiya, type so fast that shadow cannot follow the fist, it's "get pounced for nothing".

it's about cause and effect.

praises are said and forgotten. insults are carved into stones.

when you create bad blood in the forum with your words, are you expecting the mods to sit back and enjoy the show? psychologically you're creating a barrier for others to come in to share their pictures. how is that going to help CS?

Help CS grow in their revenue intake? Or grow in Photography?

What Is Clubsnaps???

What you seemed to be saying is, TMC and chris were in the wrong for not telling the TS why the pictures were so bad. If they had given their reasons, then, their comments were not so intelorable???

Wonder what the mod will do under this circumstance.

Deadpoet, you know what, your postings sucks really really big time. why don't you help us throw them away so that we don't get visually assualted?

Si Fu always says, "You don't see anything, you don't pounce."

:)
:think: Oh dear now eikin is going to say that I don't make sense. Seriously, Sion, you bring out the worst in me!

YOUR SI FU IS DEFINITELY NOT A MEOW MEOW CAT!

Deadpoet, you know what, your postings sucks really really big time. why don't you help us throw them away so that we don't get visually assualted?

This one is typical for some people. I will use the most powerful feature in CS to deal with these people. IGNORE.

Status
Not open for further replies.