landscapes in rain

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
anyone has attempted landscapes in rain before?

did a quick google, came up with nothing:think:

no lar. just asking if anyone attempted at this extreme form of photography lor. i know some chinese painters like to paint landscapes with rain. just not sure how it might translate as to photography

I'm sure a big umbrella would suffice. With the crazy weather currently, can go and try and let us know the results?

Underwater casing?

Hi.. I tried to capture.. the rain like it in the picture.. but my attempt failed...

I put high Shutter speed... but end up in under expose and dark:sweat::sweat:

I put low Shutter speed.... rain drops not visible..:sweat::sweat::confused:

Any Seniors... please share your expertise...

very tempting... big umbrella... i'll see what ican do

Hi.. I tried to capture.. the rain like it in the picture.. but my attempt failed...

I put high Shutter speed... but end up in under expose and dark:sweat::sweat:

I put low Shutter speed.... rain drops not visible..:sweat::sweat::confused:

Any Seniors... please share your expertise...

Post editing techniques such as HDR? Layers using Photoshop? Don't know just some ideas in my mind.

4798217641_eeab9238a7_b.jpg

This one consider landscape?

You can get those clear plastic casing thingy made for DSLRs under rain, not sure what it's called. Its made so your two hand can go in from the side and so that you can see from the back and theres also an area for the lens. Only problem is that your front element might get wet.

hope this link helps :) ,saw it on net a few days back ..haven't tried yet

http://devilsworkshop.org/create-rain-effect-using-filters-in-photoshop/

regards,

unmesh

no lar. photoshopping rain in is easy. i wanna attempt a foggy, rain shot. very tempting.

perhaps i shall wait my trip to pandan again. there got this jetty that was basking in nice sunset light. too bad it was raining, but i'm gonna go back and get that shot:lovegrin:

Like this??

More like raining noise. ;p

close. i'm expecting lesser blue, more gray. sorta like a foggy feel to the image. something i wanna attempt. perhaps tmr i shall try my luck at pandan again. this time with an umbrella

close. i'm expecting lesser blue, more gray. sorta like a foggy feel to the image. something i wanna attempt. perhaps tmr i shall try my luck at pandan again. this time with an umbrella

I'm pretty sure fog can also photoshop :bsmilie: