Landscapes Around Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCYRHS

Mar 3, 2005
Hi, this is a collection of my landscape works around the island. I am hoping to select a couple nicer ones for large prints and wish that the CSers can help me with it. Please feel free to comment on the photos and if possible state the favourites among the novice attempts. :) Thankew! your help is much appreciated!

Collection of Landscape Works in Singapore

WOW!!! Fantastic series of shots.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lovely.

Hi, this is a collection of my landscape works around the island. I am hoping to select a couple nicer ones for large prints and wish that the CSers can help me with it. Please feel free to comment on the photos and if possible state the favourites among the novice attempts. :) Thankew! your help is much appreciated!

Collection of Landscape Works in Singapore

I've always wondered how photographers make thier pictures look so unique and make it stand out. Apart from compostion that make ur picturss stand out, what else did u do? i mean, what kind of filters did u use on ur cam? or isit achieved thru heavy photoshopping? im wondering if photoshop has any free plugins for mac that i can download, and if u know where, i'd appreciate the info. and yes, awesome pictures.

my picks are:

010507 - changi beach
030107 - changi beach
040107 - changi beach

080107 - punggol beach
110407 - lower pierce reservoir
260407 - labrador park
280407 - punggol beach

20060713045738_150706 - changi beach

really nice work, especially for the first 3 pictures here. :) thanks for the work.

Impressive ! sharp lens + good skills + good timing = good picture .:thumbsup:

Spectacular results. Do you use any filters to produce these impressive photos? Is there any way to tell that the evening sky will be that dramatic? Thanks.

my picks are:

010507 - changi beach
030107 - changi beach
040107 - changi beach

080107 - punggol beach
110407 - lower pierce reservoir
260407 - labrador park
280407 - punggol beach

20060713045738_150706 - changi beach

really nice work, especially for the first 3 pictures here. :) thanks for the work.

Thanks, appreciate your selection. =)

novice? :confused:

anyway, my favorite
punggol beach 2007 apr 02 yel-gn
changi beach 2007 jan 03 pur-blu
pandan reservoir 2007 jan 13 blu-yel

I've always wondered how photographers make thier pictures look so unique and make it stand out. Apart from compostion that make ur picturss stand out, what else did u do? i mean, what kind of filters did u use on ur cam? or isit achieved thru heavy photoshopping? im wondering if photoshop has any free plugins for mac that i can download, and if u know where, i'd appreciate the info. and yes, awesome pictures.

What you see is usually what the final product is. I use a ND grad filter, ND filter, a tripod and shoot in RAW. The convertor is important (at least to me) and there are several good ones out there including CaptureOne. For photoshop, i use curves (usually to lower exposure of skies slightly and levels to bring out alittle more contrast) and nothing of HDR and sort. Plugins-wise i use Edgesharp which i downloaded years ago. That's about it.

I thank you once again for your kind comments. =) btw, if you want free plugins for mac/pc (actions are non OS based), just do a search.

Appreciate those who select your favourites. :)

Spectacular results. Do you use any filters to produce these impressive photos? Is there any way to tell that the evening sky will be that dramatic? Thanks.

Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” - dramatic skies are not to be predicted. Anyway practical photography magazine has some good articles on landscape last month. My advice is don't leave until the last light has gone, usually the post sunset rays will bring out the red contrasty glows.

Hi JCYRHS,
just wondering what filter system do you use? Cokin ? Some of your shots are at 10mm and I understand the Cokin P system will vignette at 10mm unless you use the special cokin wide-angle adapter which can only hold one filter.

ps. oh yes my fav is the B/w changi beach, Yishun dam sunset(horizontal) and punggol beach sunset(horizontal)

You have made an everyday common sight in Singapore into a wonderful work of art. Beautiful series & wonderful composition.:thumbsup:

Absolutely beautiful.

very nice! :D

Very nicely done, I must say..

You definitely have an affinity for rocks!

Anyways, I don't think there is much filters being used other than Grad ND.

Nice job, dude.. Love some of the shots! =)

030507 - the IR shot (gotta support my fav genre mah :bsmilie: )
040107 - changi beach in b&w
080107 - punggol beach
280407 - punggol beach
300407 - Yishun dam

all around good stuff :thumbsup:

Lovely works mate! All the sleepless nights, bad weather, sweat and of course patience really pays off well. Keep up the good work. Cheers!

PS: Will send u a PM on a project I am doing. We'll be in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.