Landscape photography location shown in this photo?

Pilot Photographer

Feb 1, 2018
Lake Forest
Hey all,

Well count me down as new. I'm Alexander and I guess this will go down as my first post here. Briefly, I'm somewhat new to photography and just picked up Nikon D810 (which is my first DSLR) and 14-24mm f/2.8 and 24-70mm. I'm ordering a 70-200mm this weekend. I've been hooked and found my self reading as much as I can, joining a few photo boards, and overall just jacked to be learning to take better photos. I travel a bit so, working on on going list of new places I want to visit.

While reading some tips on landscape photography I came across this article - photographytalk.com/landscape-photography/8187-take-epic-landscape-photos-with-these-easy-tips (sorry I'm new here and I guess can't post clickable links)

My question is very simple here. Look at the top image in that article. Can someone please tell me where that is? I have asked this elsewhere and can't seem to find anyone that knows where it is. That spot looks amazing and I'd love to find out where, so I can visit.

Thanks!

Alexander

Pardon the delayed response! I've been traveling, plus I didn't know when this post was going to go live. Thanks for the answers and welcome here. Good find, I actually was able to find this out sooner. Turns out my neighbor had been there some years ago. We are scheduled to travel there end of May 2019!!

Super excited.

BTW, I have joined a few message boards this one, photographytalk and depreview. Any others you can recommend?

Pardon the delayed response! I've been traveling, plus I didn't know when this post was going to go live. Thanks for the answers and welcome here. Good find, I actually was able to find this out sooner. Turns out my neighbor had been there some years ago. We are scheduled to travel there end of May 2019!!

Super excited.

BTW, I have joined a few message boards this one, photographytalk and depreview. Any others you can recommend?

there are many boards out there depending on your interest, some of mine are kakaku.com (Japan), mobile01.com (ROC Taiwan), photography on the net (USA), etc....