Landscape n Potraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably cause landscapes are mostly broad and portraits are mostly upright (assuming that youre standing)?
unless of course youre still a baby and havent learnt to stand up yet, then i guess you'd be considered as "landscape"!
...speaking of which, anyone ever tripped over a baby before?
:bsmilie:

LiOnElLiN said:
probably cause landscapes are mostly broad and portraits are mostly upright (assuming that youre standing)?
unless of course youre still a baby and havent learnt to stand up yet, then i guess you'd be considered as "landscape"!

Don't tell me you trip over one before? :bsmilie:

skyline_impreza said:
Don't tell me you trip over one before? :bsmilie:

no, but i almost stepped on my baby cousin a couple of years ago...
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

LiOnElLiN said:
no, but i almost stepped on my baby cousin a couple of years ago...
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bigeyes: Oh my god... I ever let my son fall down from bed when he was only 3mths old... :bsmilie:

Landscape art are traditionally done in the "long" orientation while portraits are done in the "tall" orientation.

It's just a traditional way of denoting them as such. Of course, you can take landscape photos in a portrait format (likely to include a lot sky, if that's what you want) while portraitures in landscape format (but it won't make much sense since the sides will be too empty).

Ah Pao said:
Landscape art are traditionally done in the "long" orientation while portraits are done in the "tall" orientation.

It's just a traditional way of denoting them as such. Of course, you can take landscape photos in a portrait format (likely to include a lot sky, if that's what you want) while portraitures in landscape format (but it won't make much sense since the sides will be too empty).

oh ok :think: ... thanks man... well these two terms always in the mind but jus didn ask... well thanks... :)

LiOnElLiN said:

well i nearly stepped on my baby cousin... was only 7 years old n nearly step on my cousin, 6 years younger than me... :cry:

if you are refering to orientation of the camera, yes, landscape means wide and portrait means tall...

but if you are refering to the subject of lanscapes and portraits, anyway you shoot them is fine.

these terms are not just used for photography...
look at microsoft word and most if not all word processors and software that can print... they make use of portrait and lanscape in the same manner to describe the orientation of the output.

i guess its an industry standard.

skyline_impreza said:
Why not just name them "Vertical" and "Horizontal"? :think:

vertical and horisontal doesnt mean anything without a reference point stating where is the bottom of the object. because vertical means standing bottom up... and horisontal means on its side.

Status
Not open for further replies.