Landscape: Jap garden.

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
4955819664_7a6db279f5_b.jpg

this is the final version of the landscape that i shot of jap garden, total of 30 images together.

just needed some comments on the composition, something is lacking but i cant seem to put my finger on it.

time taken was around 630pm, with high wind speeds so i didnt manage to get the clouds freezed. purple tinge is from the tianya neutral density 4 stacked with tianya gnd.

i don really like the color of the sky. mayb natural sky color would b better?

i dunno... purple always comes from my tianya whenever i use the neutral density:rolleyes: but apart from that? composition wise

haha maybe its just me but the rock on the left stands out alot. maybe too much.. and i also feel the trees are quite asymmetrical vertically, rather distracting. maybe a tighter shot? :p

just my two cents worth

haha maybe its just me but the rock on the left stands out alot. maybe too much.. and i also feel the trees are quite asymmetrical vertically, rather distracting. maybe a tighter shot? :p

just my two cents worth

hmm which way tighter? do me a rough crop can?:think:

Either you're at the wrong side of the pond or the wrong time of the day. The color from the trees are gone. Maybe you could do a 16:9 crop with the japanese gate as main subject. I think the pano is uncalled for here.

haha like you i also cant quite "put a finger on" what is wrong with it... but somehow "something is lacking" maybe like blurry80 said its got to do with the angle of view you are standing at?

its yx here btw:D

I should be studying haha! But yup just randomly looking around CS to destress.

I think the composition is too cluttered, which is probably why you feel something is missing. The photo is very messy, especially where the stones overlap with the silhouettes of the trees/reflections in the water- it's not easy on the eyes at all. The purple sky also looks unnatural.... yup!

Hope this helps :)

more space on the left - the other elements are just a side show, so you want equal space on the edges on the left and right.... between the edge and the:

1) japanese gate thing

2) the rock on the left

more space on the left - the other elements are just a side show, so you want equal space on the edges on the left and right.... between the edge and the:

1) japanese gate thing

2) the rock on the left

ok noted. i guess i have to pick somewhere nicer to shoot:think: cause the left of the rocks is land already.

thanks a lot:)

you can move left.

on another note, the sky seems darker than the reflection - that is not desirable.

on yet another note, you seem to have a lot of dust spots.

you can move left.

on another note, the sky seems darker than the reflection - that is not desirable.

on yet another note, you seem to have a lot of dust spots.

yea its in my lens. the tamron that i was speaking about. i'll try moving the left when i go back again:)

and i need to service lens soon.

sky, noted.

That something lacking I think is in the lack of nice light. Either the weather is not the best or you shot at the wrong time of day.

4955819664_7a6db279f5_b.jpg

this is the final version of the landscape that i shot of jap garden, total of 30 images together.

just needed some comments on the composition, something is lacking but i cant seem to put my finger on it.

time taken was around 630pm, with high wind speeds so i didnt manage to get the clouds freezed. purple tinge is from the tianya neutral density 4 stacked with tianya gnd.

The image seems dark and dull. Not sure whether it was my eyes or the image. The rock is so jarring that it jumps out at me. On the whole looks OK. The magenta sky looks kinda cool but I'm still used to blue. :cool:

The image seems dark and dull. Not sure whether it was my eyes or the image. The rock is so jarring that it jumps out at me. On the whole looks OK. The magenta sky looks kinda cool but I'm still used to blue. :cool:

ok found it :bsmilie: its dark and dull. thats the thing i felt was lacking

hi, other than the composition is confusing, there are visible dust spots in the sky... your sensor needs cleaning... it will always appear everytime you shoot long exposure... i hope it helps...

the composition looks better w/o pulling the window's tab to the right(hope u get what i mean)..there's too much space on the right with not much interesting stuffs...at the same time, give more space to the rock on the left that was being cut off...

As for colour wise, I feel it's kinda artificial that the sky is purple and no purple is seen in the water reflection at all...tt feels like photoshopped even though it's the effect of the stacked filter.;p...probably BnW will solve this easily..

my 2cents. Hope it's helpful.

oh yea if ur wondering why the spots so many... remember... its a 6 pic stitch. i realise the dots are at top. only when i use my tamron then i get... if i shoot without the lens, i get no dirt. thansk for the concern but i already identified the prob :)

i pshopped a few off. but its mainly top got 1 per image. so thats 6 dots i guess

Yes... after hotwork mentioned it. You are lacking a whole lot of mid tones in the scene above the water. In the water, the reflection seems brighter than the actual scene itself, which also removes the viewer from reality.

Yes... after hotwork mentioned it. You are lacking a whole lot of mid tones in the scene above the water. In the water, the reflection seems brighter than the actual scene itself, which also removes the viewer from reality.

ok noted. i'll keep a lookout