Land/scapes photos ard Cityhall area

Status
Not open for further replies.
No comments??
Just a newbie here who needs guidance.. :embrass:

quite decent shots....but the features on the merlion are pretty blown out....

Weapons of Choice: 300D with Grip, 17-40, 50 f1.8, 80-200 f2.8 atx --> sure anot....like tt still newbie???

only take up photoraphy seriously as a hobby for like 1 yr.....
dun look at the kit lah...gd equipt lousy shots aso no use rite...
long wae to go :embrass:

The over exposed merlion can be solved with a black cloth/card...
Use the cloth/card to cover the merlion first... and remember where the position is ..
During the exposure, keep moving the cloth/card in and out of the frame at that position. This should expose the merlion about 1/2 the time that the rest of the image is exposed...

On a digital you can check if it is still over exposed... if so, then do the same thing, but keep the cloth/card lingering a little while longer while you move it in to cover the merlion.

willyfoo said:
The over exposed merlion can be solved with a black cloth/card...
Use the cloth/card to cover the merlion first... and remember where the position is ..
During the exposure, keep moving the cloth/card in and out of the frame at that position. This should expose the merlion about 1/2 the time that the rest of the image is exposed...

On a digital you can check if it is still over exposed... if so, then do the same thing, but keep the cloth/card lingering a little while longer while you move it in to cover the merlion.
hi willy.. i not veri sure of .. covering the melion??.
shouldn't it cover the spotlight? i also hav shots of merlion wif overexpose merlion due to the spotlight.

Roughly understand wat u trying to sae.
However one qn...if i were to cover the merlion "on and off" to reduce the expose time the black cloth have to enter the view somewhere and tt somewhere will also reduce the place where the cloth "enters"
am i rite to sae this??

Can any one please tell me what is a black cloth? :)

A black cloth is a piece of cloth that is black.
Can be a black handkechief or equivielent but must be totally black.No white lining etc...

neves_atk said:
Roughly understand wat u trying to sae.
However one qn...if i were to cover the merlion "on and off" to reduce the expose time the black cloth have to enter the view somewhere and tt somewhere will also reduce the place where the cloth "enters"
am i rite to sae this??

Yes... it will inevitably darken the area surrounding the merlion too..
That's why u try to keep the merlion close to the side so it is not that apparent.

mayb in this case i can "enter" the black cloth from the left side can it got the shotrtest distance to the merlion and there is no impt stuffs ard the region ;)

You guys are thinking too hard :D Just take 2 exposures, one for the general scene and one exposing just for the merlion. Don't change the position of the camera and It will be a snap to combine the 2 exposures. GL

Status
Not open for further replies.