Land of windmills

windforce

Oct 14, 2007
29039_10150191002355103_727545102_13110217_2224044_n.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, colours, creativity?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
the feeling of serenity, comfort. Also to reflect their culture, where blue and white colours are their traditional colours for clogs etc apart from orange.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Netherlands, Zzaanse schans. Slight rain, no sun, just grey weather, month of May, Spring time.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i think it is unique but not sure how it could be improve. Just want to hear some comments from all the experts here.

Thanks for reading!

I see that you practised the rule of thirds and placed the closest windmill on the top left thirds. I think a slightly tighter crop would work better, perhaps by zooming in a little more. Maybe you could post the photo in vivid colours too. Nice attempt :)

Its actually quite a decent shot. Only thing have to raise is the bleached sky. May be you could try using a a CPL or Graduated ND filter to get the details lost in the sky. Alternatively you could try HDR.

Its actually quite a decent shot. Only thing have to raise is the bleached sky. May be you could try using a a CPL or Graduated ND filter to get the details lost in the sky. Alternatively you could try HDR.

Agree:thumbsup:

Can be slightly more careful of the foreground too. Some stray grass at the bottom left.
Overall, like the shot:thumbsup::thumbsup:. Keep shooting and sharing :)

Agree:thumbsup:

Can be slightly more careful of the foreground too. Some stray grass at the bottom left.
Overall, like the shot:thumbsup::thumbsup:. Keep shooting and sharing :)

yea i think the stray grass kills the feel a lil bit haha thanks!

it was really a gray sky, with almost no details so i decided to just bleach it rather it being just like a 20% gray haha but yea i think i could have tried HDR. perhaps next time i go netherlands! thanks for the comments

I see that you practised the rule of thirds and placed the closest windmill on the top left thirds. I think a slightly tighter crop would work better, perhaps by zooming in a little more. Maybe you could post the photo in vivid colours too. Nice attempt :)

haha yea i'm still quite a noob so i just tried to use the rule of thirds as a guide but since i think it also works quite well so ya! yea ill try to find the original raw and try a coloured version. thanks for dropping by!