"I should have taken better care of him while he was around."
"I miss her cooking."
"I remember how he used to play football with me when I was little."
"She never failed to iron my school uniform."
"His smile, oh, his smile."
"She used to water her plants every morning before cooking breakfast."

"Lamenting his absence."

My grandfather's old arm chair.
Sitting there in the corner of the room.
We can never bear to remove it,
fearing that we might forget him,
and yet for those who knew that they never gave him
enough tender loving care when he was around,
or complained that he was a pain when he needed attention,
never dare to walk to close to that armchair again,
almost as if he is still sitting there...
... and the guilt is killing them...
Grandpa, I miss you. I love you. For always. Always.
See you in heaven someday...

shots200705_014.jpg

Hi microcosm,

I really like this photo alot. It's very powerful, and tells a story to me, partly because of the short paragraph you wrote. I can almost visualize your late grandfather sitting in that chair, enjoying that afternoon breeze with a look of content lingering in his eyes.

Thanks alot of sharing. :thumbsup:

Allow me to linger on this post a little longer than the others... My grandfather had recently passed away as well... Was in peace, thru his sleep. Many others would had been aching before their days were due. However his was reali in peace... Now looking back, i had not really showed him enought filal piety or rather there was a lot more i could had done. Remembering the Sundays were already painful enough. He used to call me when i was young to bring me to the famous McDonald's it was the most powerful tool he had ever used to show his undying love for myself and my cousins. And the best of all, it was a weekly affair. Now that he is gone, I'm still waiting for this miraculous call if he ever dial to tell me lets go McDonald's. For me i'd wish i would not see him in heaven, but to know that he would be in a place better than heavens for he deserve much more than what the almighty could provide him.
Sometimes.....,
Remembering the dead is easy, remembering them as they are around isn't....

Hi microcosm,

I really like this photo alot. It's very powerful, and tells a story to me, partly because of the short paragraph you wrote. I can almost visualize your late grandfather sitting in that chair, enjoying that afternoon breeze with a look of content lingering in his eyes.

Thanks alot of sharing. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I miss my grandpa a lot, but I know that I will see him someday. And I am glad that I had spent a lot of time with him and amusing him when he was still around, right to the very last day. He was very sick in the last moments of his life, and yet, he was strong enough to keep his smile and not to make the "little ones" worry. Such is his strength. Whenever I see the chair, I have fond memories of the days when I was little, and sat on his lap and him telling me stories of the past.

Allow me to linger on this post a little longer than the others... My grandfather had recently passed away as well... Was in peace, thru his sleep. Many others would had been aching before their days were due. However his was reali in peace... Now looking back, i had not really showed him enought filal piety or rather there was a lot more i could had done. Remembering the Sundays were already painful enough. He used to call me when i was young to bring me to the famous McDonald's it was the most powerful tool he had ever used to show his undying love for myself and my cousins. And the best of all, it was a weekly affair. Now that he is gone, I'm still waiting for this miraculous call if he ever dial to tell me lets go McDonald's. For me i'd wish i would not see him in heaven, but to know that he would be in a place better than heavens for he deserve much more than what the almighty could provide him.
Sometimes.....,
Remembering the dead is easy, remembering them as they are around isn't....

Thanks for sharing this story. I cried.

It had been painful, i must agree. I was very upset the day i wiped his body before they encasted him into the coffin. But to know that he had went to a very much better place. That kept my heart silently smiling. The moment I witnessed his cremation, my heart sank... It was just as good as no more grandpa.... I belive many of us would be feeling the same... Cherish the family members you have around you...

It had been painful, i must agree. I was very upset the day i wiped his body before they encasted him into the coffin. But to know that he had went to a very much better place. That kept my heart silently smiling. The moment I witnessed his cremation, my heart sank... It was just as good as no more grandpa.... I belive many of us would be feeling the same... Cherish the family members you have around you...

This is something I hope to achieve with this image.

Status
Not open for further replies.