Lamentation Of Hope, .

PSS Club

Feb 1, 2013
Singapore
LOH_Invitation_Card.jpg

An invitation to attend the opening ceremony of the solo exhibition by Thomas Tham.

-- Solo Exhibition by --

Thomas Tham

A photo essay describes the life of the children at the Smokey Mountain, Manila, Philippines by Thomas Tham who has been following a mission group to the Smokey Mountain in the pass few years.

All photos exhibited will be available for sales, 70% of the proceeds will be donated to the mission works in the Philippines. The rest will be donated to PSS for her mission in engaging and promoting photography to the general public.

Mr. Goh Kim Hui, President of PSS will be gracing at launching ceremony.

Launching: 31 May 2013, Friday 7.30 pm.
Exhibition: 1 - 18 June 2013

About Thomas Tham,

Thomas started photography as a hobby with the Photographic Society of Singapore in 1989. However it was not until 2008 when he found purpose in using photography to advocate for the rights of working children in hazardous environments. It is said that the eyes are the windows of our souls. And in the eyes of these children, the truth is starkly revealed.
As Thomas observed and photographed the children in these countries, he began to develop the theme of social responsibility in his work. Through photography, he wish to create awareness in the world, especially to those who are in the position to make a difference, of the injustice and exploitation that exists. Child labour may never go away completely, so by telling of their plight time and again, Thomas hopes that the situation will not continue to be deliberately ignored.

Sorry but I can't seemed to find the location for the exhibition. Not even in the pic, or did I missed out something?

This is the address of the exhibition

The Photographic Society Of Singapore
Loke Wan Tho Gallery
30 Selegie Road
Singapore 188351

Sorry, I just saw that address in that picture >_< My bad. And thanks for the information >_<