Lakeside photography hobbyist meet

Praxiz

Jan 8, 2012
Singapore
Hi Fellow lakesiders,

Following the discussion in the previous thread and upon suggestions from few ppl, heres the plan for the meet.

Date: 29.04.2012, Sunday
Time: 4pm
Meeting point: Chinese garden mrt
Shooting at: Chinese garden, lakeside lake

The main purpose of this meet is to know fellow photography hobbyists/ amateurs living nearby and learn from each other. We will meetup first, have an ice-breaker, then head on for a shoot-> walk back to lakeside lake (through the other exit)-> makan-> back home.
More of walking, talking and shooting. We can have a session where everyone shall share their shooting style, interests, equipment used, settings and their experience/level.

Only ppl who are keen to meet and who can make it for the time mentioned, put your name in and PM me ur name, h/p no and any suggestions u have. I will send out sms to everyone on saturday and the changes in time if any.
We will consolidate the list later. Anyone else who can come to this location are welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:
Cool! Pls add me to the list! You organize I will support ^^ just some clarification, the main Chinese garden entrance is the one near to Chinese garden station am I correct? Not the other one at the side door right? Just a suggestion how abt meeting at Chinese garden station then we walk over together?

Never knew got so many Lakeside-ers here. I might be going to SG-flyer for a photo shoot on this date. Will update TS on this.

chrislin8 said:
Cool! Pls add me to the list! You organize I will support ^^ just some clarification, the main Chinese garden entrance is the one near to Chinese garden station am I correct? Not the other one at the side door right? Just a suggestion how abt meeting at Chinese garden station then we walk over together?

I also think meeting at Chinese Garden MRT is a better idea. Sure to have blur sotongs going other entrances in Chinese Garden :p

th3keeper said:
I also think meeting at Chinese Garden MRT is a better idea. Sure to have blur sotongs going other entrances in Chinese Garden :p

LOL!!

Hi Fellow CS members,

Following the discussion in the previous thread and upon suggestions from few ppl, heres the plan for the meet.

Date: 29 April 2012, Sunday
Time: 4pm
Meeting point: Chinese garden MRT entrance area
Shooting at: Chinese garden, lakeside lake

The main purpose of this meet is to know fellow photography hobbyists/ amateurs living nearby and learn from each other. We will meetup first, have an ice-breaker, then head on for a shoot-> walk back to lakeside lake (through the other exit)-> makan-> back home.
More of walking, talking and shooting. We can have a session where everyone shall share their shooting style, interests, equipment used, settings and their experience/level.

Only ppl who are keen to meet and who can make it for the time mentioned, put your name in and PM me ur name, h/p no and any suggestions u have. I will send out sms to everyone on saturday and the changes in time if any.
We will consolidate the list later. Anyone else who can come to this location are welcome. Thanks.

Interested members
01. Praxiz
02. Chrislin8
03. Hitokiri84
04. zelot

I stay near Lakeside too, bu too bad I have work that day. Hopefully I can join you guys next time :)

Interested members
01. Praxiz
02. Chrislin8
03. Hitokiri84
04. zelot
05. Micoll

Hi guys,
Am keen too but just wondering how long this walk,talk,makan,shoot session will last?

rosewood1969 said:
Hi guys,
Am keen too but just wondering how long this walk,talk,makan,shoot session will last?

Probably about 9.30pm we should be back I guess, as everyone resides around. No firm plans, we ll just go by what ppl think we should do.
Hi all,
if you have a plan/preference on mind let me know, il consolidate it.
P.S- We are co-ordinating the
Inputs from the previous thread. I'm not an organizer, I'm here to learn from u guys:)

Interested members
01. Praxiz
02. Chrislin8
03. Hitokiri84
04. zelot
05. Micoll
06. Pin

Interested members
01. Praxiz
02. Chrislin8
03. Hitokiri84
04. zelot
05. Micoll
06. Pin
07. radonsg (tentative, might need to work)

Probably about 9.30pm we should be back I guess, as everyone resides around. No firm plans, we ll just go by what ppl think we should do.
Hi all,
if you have a plan/preference on mind let me know, il consolidate it.
P.S- We are co-ordinating the
Inputs from the previous thread. I'm not an organizer, I'm here to learn from u guys:)
You've stepped up to organize :)
There's no end to learning, we are all students :)

Hmm.. ard 930 ah.. means need to bring tripod along le~

Bringing tripod is upto individual pref.

PS- Do not copy paste the same text again and again. Just put in ur name will do. I have stated everything in the first msg and it is misleading for ppl to see same text with slight changes making it unclear which one to follow. I keep getting msg asking wats the final plan! If there are any changes I will update the first post. Please cooperate.

Thanks for all your inputs. I will SMS u by tmr morning reg the correct venue and changes if any.

I just went there last week, keep a lookout for monitor lizards. Saw three that day. Good if you like to shoot leathery animals, but please don't frighten them. They are generally docile under hot weather conditions and will rather avoid you when they can.

One more thing, the journey from Chinese garden back to mrt station is an UPhill climb, so save a bit of strength for that part or rest a while before leaving.

Have fun!!

Interested members
01. Praxiz
02. Chrislin8
03. Hitokiri84
04. zelot
05. Micoll
06. Pin
08. Hitokiri84's Friend

Interested members
01. Praxiz
02. Chrislin8
03. Hitokiri84
04. zelot
05. Micoll
06. Pin
08. Hitokiri84's Friend
09. Yap1985

Confirmation
Time: 4 pm
Venue of meetup: Chinese Garden Mrt Station control area
Location of shooting: Chinese/Japanese garden

There is currently some light drizzle.. but it's just a small pocket of rain. Hopefully it will not linger for too long and get blown away by the winds :D

rainlocation_map.gif

Last edited:
Rain or shine, we ll meetup :cool:

SMS sent to everyone. If theres any change, I will msg all. Cya.