Lady's Best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always flame people directly in their face. Not behind, not in front of other people and definitely not privately.

Just like Ken Lim of Singapore Idol or Simon Cowell of Amercian Idol. Right in their face, on national TV, where it hurts most. This way you'll learn better because the mistakes are engraved permanently into your mind.

It's a snapshot.

Guys,look in the context of how each picture is taken and proceed from there. We don't need another Security Council here messing up the "Gaza Strips" of the world.

This is not a client meet, nor a portfolio critique session for a job opening.It's an online picture "critique" forum, not a licentate judging either.So let's take it easy and keep a lid on the heavy weaponry yeah..

LA, if I may offer one tip which is easy for a candid set-up, it would be to illuminate your HP screen.That alone won't take up much time.The gems are a welcome addition but do try a looser layout for the rest of the objects.

Cheers.

LazerLordz said:
...LA, if I may offer one tip which is easy for a candid set-up, it would be to illuminate your HP screen.That alone won't take up much time.The gems are a welcome addition but do try a looser layout for the rest of the objects. Cheers.

Those were the exact same things I was trying to convey to her. Too bad she takes it so hard.

Oh, one more advise for your lady friend. Stay away from the photography business. Most people in our trade are immuned to harsh crtiiques, rude comments and back-stabbings. Worst of all, all these are from your clients who know nuts about taking photos.

I feel that in order for a person to improve and learn, he or she should always be open to criticisms and harsh remarks. i remember when i was still a green horn at something i had my hardworked items smashed/destroyed right in front of me by my instructor and from there i actually learned.

Then again thats just me, different ppl have different ways of learning their lessons, no offense.

photobum said:
Those were the exact same things I was trying to convey to her. Too bad she takes it so hard.

Oh, one more advise for your lady friend. Stay away from the photography business. Most people in our trade are immuned to harsh crtiiques, rude comments and back-stabbings. Worst of all, all these are from your clients who know nuts about taking photos.

Lady friend?

I'm just another chap who had insomnia and popped by CC to ease my sleeplessness...

But enough of the OT..

Status
Not open for further replies.