Ladies' nite: only for those below 35y.o.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
what do you think? if one were a woman above 35, how would one feel?

Age discrimination, pure and simple.

Unfortunately, it's perfectly legal in many countries, just as gender discrimination is.

we are in an era where ageism is practiced practically everywhere.

The reason why they have this limit is because the whole reason for Ladies night is to attract guys which in turn generates business. One lady can attract 10 or more guys, so its a worthy exchange.

However, if that lady is a 60 year old grandma which is unlikely to attract any guys, then the disco does not see that as a worthy loss leader.

It all boils down to economics, but they just won't say it because it is not politically correct to do so.

The article that was published in the papers wasn't even replied to from what I recall.

well, it is business. understandable. the 57 yo woman in question should avoid some nitespots because some of them wants to keep a youthful clientele or image.

The reason why they have this limit is because the whole reason for Ladies night is to attract guys which in turn generates business. One lady can attract 10 or more guys, so its a worthy exchange.

However, if that lady is a 60 year old grandma which is unlikely to attract any guys, then the disco does not see that as a worthy loss leader.

It all boils down to economics, but they just won't say it because it is not politically correct to do so.

The article that was published in the papers wasn't even replied to from what I recall.

When I was 12 years old, I cannot go clubbing too. Age discrimination!

There is no issue here about 35yrs old and above lady not getting free drinks. Guys don't get free drinks. Sexism is a more serious issue here, which no one bring up. But come on, it is just a drink or 5 drink? If don't drink, there are still other things to do in life. Is Singapore that bored that everybody needs a drink?

the thing is, how many 60 year old grandma's will turn up for lady's night anyway, and how many free drinks would that cost them? really need to be so calculating meh?

i suppose the negative publicity from this report may be considered a cost of having the 35 and below policy. not sure how that can be measured though.

anyway, personally, i find this very offensive. 36 already means you're no longer a lady?

That is pure generalisation. I've seen gorgeous women who have turned 40y/o, they are well groomed, very confident, established, and they take care of their men very well. ;) Isn't that more attractive?

go and apply for a job when u are 40 years old, see if u will be selected, or the young chap beside u who is 20+ yrs will be selected.

depends, especially if u r headhunted for CEO post. haha

Our media (that is controlled by u know who) keeps saying that when u are old, u are still valuable blah blah blah all the crap. Lets face the fact, u are only valuable when u are old, only when u are in the high managerial, ceo etc. position. this is the hard fact of life that our media wont tell u.

If u are the mid range managers, lower level skilled workers, then sorry, if u are old, our society will replace u with the younger ones.

wats the link of this to the thread of "ladies nite: only for <35y.o.? " the meaning is the same, ur value just simply decline as u grow older, unless u are the spectacular someone who just look fabulous even when u age.

my advise for the young ppl (below 40) age discrimination is everywhere, its a part of life. Work hard and save up when u are young to support u when u are old.

Status
Not open for further replies.