Ladies and Gentlemen... THE ROCK... IS BACK

Nobody remembers Andre the Giant? :)

Oh sorry, didn't read the first page... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
kriegsketten said:
Nobody remembers Andre the Giant? :)

Oh sorry, didn't read the first page... :bsmilie:

Hmm I do recall him, is he bigger or is the big show bigger than him?

It is the soap opera that is entertaining isn't it?

Otherwise it will be another 2 men in the ring fighting for a a belt?

The story build up for big matches is often just as intriguing.

Just curious, anybody knows if the final outcome of the match is fixed?

Yup, the soap opera is essential for build up to a rivalry, but I guess I find the ones in recent times too long drawn and over the top.

Final outcome is fixed and the main moves in a fight are choreographed, you can bet that some one would pin his opponent when the referee is "knocked out" etc... :bsmilie:

However, the most infamous one that reportedly went against a pre-planned script involved Vince McMahon, Shawn Micheals and Bret Hart.

Google "Montreal Screwjob" for more juicy details...

I loved the cage fights between Undertaker and Mankind.

Actually Undertaker really started a lot of "big" matches. Cage matches, casket matches, hell in the cell, etc, were all "his" matches at first. Before him, WWF/WWE only had one "special" match, the Royal Rumble.

Yes very true, but Wrestlemania was around long before the Undertaker. I can remember Royal Rumble/ WrestleMania back in the late 80's.

With the Undertaker and Paul Beer, entering the WWE/WWF it started something great.

I think that the Undertaker is still undefeated at WrestleMania.

Deyeno said:
Yes very true, but Wrestlemania was around long before the Undertaker. I can remember Royal Rumble/ WrestleMania back in the late 80's.

With the Undertaker and Paul Beer, entering the WWE/WWF it started something great.

I think that the Undertaker is still undefeated at WrestleMania.

What exactly is the job of Paul Bearer? I only rmbr him holding an urn and walking around

What exactly is the job of Paul Bearer? I only rmbr him holding an urn and walking around

He was just part of the drama. Back in the 80's, wrestlers would have their "managers" ringside, and the managers would usually interfere or screw up in some fashion. It was comedy.

Officially he could control/summon the undertaker using the urn. Great for kids. :)

Rashkae said:
He was just part of the drama. Back in the 80's, wrestlers would have their "managers" ringside, and the managers would usually interfere or screw up in some fashion. It was comedy.

Officially he could control/summon the undertaker using the urn. Great for kids. :)

That's what I call wholesome family entertainment:bsmilie: not the sissy moderated stuff kids watch these day, there's nothing like seeing mankind get chokeslammed onto a floor full of thumbtacks ;)

That's what I call wholesome family entertainment:bsmilie: not the sissy moderated stuff kids watch these day, there's nothing like seeing mankind get slammed onto a floor full of thumbtacks ;)

Yep! Valuable life lessons. Don't fight! don't play with thumbtacks! They hurt!

Seeing him makes me feel sleepy... :bsmilie:

andrea the giant did not that boring, he went japan did some interesting wrestling before.... same with hulkster.:D

andrea the giant did not that boring, he went japan did some interesting wrestling before.... same with hulkster.:D

But he has this aura around him that makes me feel sleepy leh... :bsmilie: I didn't say he was boring...

But he has this aura around him that makes me feel sleepy leh... :bsmilie: I didn't say he was boring...

oh my bad..... yeah his face kinda sleepy...... sleepy eyes...... anyway he was great.

hulkster did an interview in Japan before, saying it is easy to hold the title haha:)

anyone remember the ladder match between shawn michael and razor remon( also known as scott hall)? man, that was fantastic !

Just curious, anybody knows if the final outcome of the match is fixed?

ofcos it is fixed, else you will see broken arms or legs and blood all over the rings.

i bet no one watched WFC( world fighting champion) before they went commercial. eveything was real, leg broke into 2 pieces, arm fractured, blood all over the face.. and etc...but then it was too violent, think government put a stop on it, can't see these stuff anymore...

Last edited:
There are alot of really good wrestlers that you dont see now like, Dusty Rhodes, Bobby Heenan, Chief Jay Strongbow, Gerald Brisco, Robert*Gorilla Monsoon*Marella, Killer Kowalski, Baron Mikel Scicluna, The Iron Sheik, Stu Hart, Harley Race, Mr. Fuji, Jimmy Snuka to name a few.

A bit of history Gorilla Monsoon, was partial owner of the WWE since its inception, when in 1982, he was bought out by Vincent K. McMahon(present owner), who was in the process of purchasing WWE from his father.

During one fight in 1976, while fighting the Baron, Muhammad Ali rushed into the ring and stated to throw punches at Gorilla, whom responded hoisting the champ into an airplane spin and slamming him to the canvas.

In 1999 Oct. 4th Robert Marella passed away at the age of 62.

anyone remember the ladder match between shawn michael and razor remon( also known as scott hall)? man, that was fantastic !

Any match with Shawn Michaels was brillant.

I think the 2nd best match I have ever seen him fight was against Bret Hart, 1996 at WrestleMania XXII in a grueling 60-Minute Iron Man Match.

But it was the Undertaker whom finally silenced him for 4 years when in a Casket Match Shawn has his back broken, and took 4 years to recover and come back in 2002 as The Showstopper, where he took on Triple H in a Street Fight at Summerslam.

The best matches Shawn ever had were with the Undertaker 2009 they fought one of the best unscripted matches in WWE history, but in 2010 The Understake finally ended Shawns career at Wrestlemania XXVI.

Last edited:
The best matches Shawn ever had were with the Undertaker 2009 they fought one of the best unscripted matches in WWE history, but in 2010 The Understake finally ended Shawns career at Wrestlemania XXVI.

how can be unscripted? everything is scripted..WWE is a family show. or maybe i misunderstood what you meant by "unscripted"

Last edited:
I would like to see a tag team match Hulkster/Rock vs HHH/Shawn Michaels! Hulk Rules!

how can be unscripted? everything is scripted..WWE is a family show.

You call a broken back scripted.

Owen Hart getting killed in a Ring Entrance on Live TV.

Accidents have happened beyond whats scripted.

If you watch the 2009 fight, a fight that lasted 60minutes with all the punishment everyone took.

In an interview afterwards Shawn stated it was all on from the bell no holds barred, as he had never beaten The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, so it was personal to him.