Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidbyte

I was at Raffles City doing some shoe shopping. THen i noticed a crowd, so i was curious and walk over to take a look, so saw lots of photographers all geared up (some with ladders at almost the front row), 85% of the so call spectators are there with either a video camera or digital camera ready to shoot. There i was standing next to a few tourists and they too were trying to get a view but was blocked by mostly cameras with their flash strobeframe or those on the ladders. THere was a old lady next to me on wheelchair coudn't see a thing, so she kindly ask one of them on ladder to move aside, the guy just ignored her then she moved on to the other side, there was another guy with a tripod and video camera, he, too, ignored her. She gave up and went off while some of the public crowd (w/o cameras) and tourist were kinda pissed off when they were all blocked becoz basically at almost in the front, were some guys on ladder happily shooting not thinking of the others. As i wasn't shooting, i, too, understand as a member of public, the fustration of not being able to see the performance. At around 7pm+, i came back then those ladders and camera men are still there, shooting. At the end of the show, i was walking passed, i overheard a group of people walking to complain to the organisers that the people on ladders are just blocking everyone behind, and the tone wasn't very pleased.

The point is, i don't understand is why can't those with ladders just stand behind so that the members of public who are there to watch it are able to do so. I saw a parent trying to calm his kid down because even carrrying him up, the view was still being blocked. I pity the poor parent.

I couldn't helped it but to take photos of these "ugly" Singaporeans. See for yourselves and judge. I am not out to flamed or make enemies, but just hope those photographers be more considerate.

juvhu8.jpg

juvhna.jpg

juvhvs.jpg

juvi1e.jpg

juvi45.jpg

Ah.. I see jiao lang.

What I felt is that, if you're right infront, do give some way to those behind by bending lower a bit or be more conscious of those behind you when you do shoot. Ladders are not hazardous, but it's quite irritating if you're right infront and you still shoot by standing on it. :nono:

Sooner later photography will be banned in most places.

Useful... Yes. Hazard... No. Nuisance... Maybe...

At the end of the day, I think one should practice courtesy when shooting. These guys really make photographers look bad...

If I am not mistaken, the concept of having a ladder is to be able to shoot over the people in front of you. Getting eye level is secondary here.

TMC said:
If I am not mistaken, the concept of having a ladder is to be able to shoot over the people in front of you. Getting eye level is secondary here.
Tell that to those using ladders in the shots lor. It's really as if they care right? :bsmilie:

TMC said:

now ladder had been misuse.

acidbyte said:
Precisely, but in this case, there was hardly anyone but the performers in front. hahahahaha.
They showed courtesy, to those infront of them by not squeezing with them to shoot, so use ladders to climb up behind them to shoot ma.

espn said:
Tell that to those using ladders in the shots lor. It's really as if they care right? :bsmilie:

I pity those elderly folks who are there to catch the show and those tourists. Maybe Singapore will have something to be famous for...LADDER PHOTOGRAPHERS.

espn said:
Ah.. I see jiao lang.

What I felt is that, if you're right infront, do give some way to those behind by bending lower a bit or be more conscious of those behind you when you do shoot. Ladders are not hazardous, but it's quite irritating if you're right infront and you still shoot by standing on it. :nono:

Sooner later photography will be banned in most places.

espn, i know who are u refering to, but dun u think its inappropraite to call him like that? even if he doenst mind, but i guess theres a better nickname than to call him that. its not even polite to call others that too... :nono:

acidbyte said:
I pity those elderly folks who are there to catch the show and those tourists. Maybe Singapore will have something to be famous for...LADDER PHOTOGRAPHERS.
Should have called me along.. I go take pic then enlarge big big 100% crop the photo out and send the pics to ST-Forum :bsmilie:

No wonder SG needs Courtesy campaign :nono:

glennyong said:
espn, i know who are u refering to, but dun u think its inappropraite to call him like that? even if he doenst mind, but i guess theres a better nickname than to call him that. its not even polite to call others that too... :nono:
The name and call sign is given to him by a bunch of us and we use it freely within ourselves and our group. It's inappropriate if you meant it otherwise from which I did. This is classified as a personal joke.

Don't try to be a police la. If you want PM Darren and apply to be a mod instead, else don't piss me off here by acting righteous and being correct okay?

Wah ~!!! a bunch of 'PROFESSIONAL', 'CONSIDERATE' and 'CIVIL' Singaporean ~! Bravo Bravo ~! Their pics must be very good ~!

Next time shoot their face and post lah .... they must love it when their pics are on CS, since they like to stand on ladder/chairs, they will love the attention Cser are showering on them :bsmilie:

poohbear said:
Wah ~!!! a bunch of 'PROFESSIONAL', 'CONSIDERATE' and 'CIVIL' Singaporean ~! Bravo Bravo ~! Their pics must be very good ~!

Next time shoot their face and post lah .... they must love it when their pics are on CS, since they like to stand on ladder/chairs, they will love the attention Cser are showering on them :bsmilie:
I see you inside also!!! :bsmilie:

espn said:
I see you inside also!!! :bsmilie:

haha like that also can see.... ok lah..ok lah . on behalf of all the photographer who use the ladder and blocked others view , I sincerely apologise to the local photo community and we deeply regretted our childish, foolish , inconsiderate, stupid and unbecoming of a gentlemen behaviour ....:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Personally, I don't see why the front photographer have to give way to other public since they have queue their place for so long, if the public willing to queue, that's fine, no photographers will complain about that. It will be very kind of them for them to give up the space after like half, one hour or more waiting time there.

Regarding ladder, indeed that may be able to improve, usually, if ladder photographers group together, then it will form a block and block much views of other from the back, but if they split a bit, then the view of the person won't be block as much.

But in real world, too bad, most people like the prime spot for direct shots. If possible I likw to have the prime spot and level view also.

poohbear said:
haha like that also can see.... ok lah..ok lah . on behalf of all the photographer who use the ladder and blocked others view , I sincerely apologise to the local photo community and we deeply regretted our childish, foolish , inconsiderate, stupid and unbecoming of a gentlemen behaviour ....:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.