Lack Of Portraits Shooter In Cs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe that the 'legitimate' photo societies also organise model shoots who are wearing swimwear. to each his own. seems more normal than stalking and shooting wild birds ;p

maybe some people do take portrait shots but do not post on clubsnap simply because the models have asked for privacy, and don't want the pics grabbed and posted in some questionable site.

I agree with u Wolfgang, a good portrait brings out the character of the person. Not only beautiful models

What I am saying is that some of us always wanted to shoot female models like fashion photograpghers. Only pro gets to do it.

I am starting this discussion to see the response of photographers in this forum. My friends in photo clubs always complain that the shooting session has a big group, they are willing to pay for a organized photo shoot for smaller gp.

I am just gathering like minds together. Maybe the cost may scare some of u, but this outing requires payment to model and cost involved. If anyone has models to model for free, I am always willing to organzie

No having a bikini model does not improve your photo skills, but using a trained model helps. Models are taught how to pose, to bring out their best angle. The learning process is fasten. imagine
no exper photograpgher + unexperience model = long learning time.

For those who think that u can't learn from a pro posing model, u are wrong, u can always learn how the model pose to bring out their features.

hey !!! that's a good idea...please update us about the outing....looking foreward to it...... :)

mm.... if cost affordable (and preferably preview the model), why not? ;)

Hi to all interested, I need to u confirm with me on which Sat in nov/dec

if there is a sat where we can gather at least than ten people,then we will fix it on that sat. I will try to form a timetable later after my exams.

As for the model preview, maybe I can bring their com-card or cd portfolio during one of the seed.Due to copyright and permission of models.

Please be inform that the model used for the shoot are part -time models. They can do simple basic makeup

Better models are available upon request

Rate

grade c part-time/student abt $100-150 2hrs
grade b full time model- abt 150-250 2hrs
grade A very experienced model 250-300+++per hr

for bikini shoot -- additional $50-100

to all
Please leave yr contact no if possible

Originally posted by xfathom69
Could there be more gays in clubsnap?

no model, also got friend wah
don't tell me all of us got ugly friends

You've got the attention; you have made your intention to organise Portrait shoots known; good for you.

I think there are other ways to bring your point across without making such wild, incredible suggestions (as above) in refererence to the members of Clubsnap. ;(

Maybe you are right,Adam

My apology to all out there who feel offended on my comment.

There is a language problem. "More gays in Clubsnap?" is meant to be a question (question mark there) rather than a conclusion of " more gays in Clubsnap..."

Thought only older generation frown on gay issues. The younger gen can talk freely about it without feeling offended. Guess I was wrong

Maybe you are right,Adam

There is a language problem. "More gays in Clubsnap?" is meant to be a question (question mark there) rather than a conclusion of " more gays in Clubsnap..."

Thought only older generation frown on gay issues. The younger gen can talk freely about it without feeling offended. Guess I was wrong

Well, may it be a question, or a statement, your insinuation, and the way you have cast aspersion on the sexual preferences of the good people here is, well, frankly, quite offensive.

If you wish to discuss or talk about the issue of homosexuality, then it's a different case altogether, isn't it? Discussing an issue is different from making a statement about the issue that is levelled at others.

That statement was an immature one and you know it. :( Generation gap or otherwise has nothing to do with it.

:rolleyes:

Maybe you are right,Adam

I agree that your initial statement was in the form of a question, but the manner which you bring across your questions and the implications that it carries leaves much to be desired.

I'm sure most members are fine with whatever topics or issues that you may wish to discuss openly, be it sexuality or sexual gender preferences. However, not everyone condones your actions of making baseless statements that members in ClubSnap have questionable sexual preferences.

You are sadly mistaken that ClubSnap is a photography forum that caters only to the younger generation. In fact, photographers of all ages be it professionals, amateurs, hobbyists or enthusiasts frequent this forum. And your statements are based on your one-sided assumption that this forum caters to the younger generation of photographers.

Please do not assume that everyone at your age will share the same point of view of the way you "query" the members or the club for that matter.

When you assume, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me", so don't "assume"!

For the record, I'm only 23 yrs old so I belong to your so-called younger generation and I shoot portfolio shots for both guys and gals.
:angry:

To all unhappy ones ! Please bring yr complains and opinions to a new thread.

There is no point in argueing. I respect yr opinions, there is no absolute right or wrong in expressing one's opinions. We are all here because of passion for photography, not because of other's opinion.

I would rather use this time to take more good pictures, and more effort organzie a good outing than to carry on this argument

This thread is set up to gather people who wants to shoot paid models.

For those still interested in the outing, I will be bring some pictures of the models for preview. On the 8 Nov, outside ruby photo btw 6-7.

To all unhappy ones ! Please bring yr complains and opinions to a new thread.

There is no point in argueing. I respect yr opinions, there is no absolute right or wrong in expressing one's opinions. We are all here because of passion for photography, not because of other's opinion.

I would rather use this time to take more good pictures, and more effort organzie a good outing than to carry on this argument

This thread is set up to gather people who wants to shoot paid models.

For those still interested in the outing, I will be bring some pictures of the models for preview. On the 8 Nov, outside ruby photo btw 6-7.
pm u not sure u got it or not. possible another date? 8 nov not free. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.